Status
Not open for further replies.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yeap, I agree about the 89, I feel the car picks up a bit faster and the kick is better when I fuel 89. Maybe it's just my mind but I do feel the difference.

And your adventure reminds me about last friday, I was on the highway coming from work and I was near my exit so I turn my blinker and the lexus that was on my right accelerated, so I break to let him pass and starts breaking too, mind that my right blinker is still on, I accelerate a bit more to pass him and does the same, So I turned eco off and press the accelerator about half way, and he does the same so I wait untill were about 2 cars length of the exit when I put it on S and floored it, I made it just in time and showed him off, I even waited for him at the stop but he completly slowed down after I passed him.
I thought if you had the turbo that Honda recommends you only use 91... that's all I use.
Sponsored

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought if you had the turbo that Honda recommends you only use 91... that's all I use.
That's what I thought too but according to the dealer and for what other people have said it is only required if the manual and the gas cap says so. The guy at the service center told me 87 was fine and if I wanted I could fill with 89 every 5 times or so, but after I felt the difference I'm using only 89. The Si I believe requires 91. and possibly the Type R.
Unless someone more knowledgeable can chime in and let us know if I'm correct or if the dealer (which is not surprising) don't know either.

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L White
I think I may be challenged when it comes to searching for already made topics lol.. But anyways, what I'm doing to my coupe tomorrow is getting my windows tinted at 18% with the Suntek CXP carbon ceramic. Anyone know if this brand is any good? I live in Florida, am I ganna get pulled over and fined constantly for a 18% lol... 35% looks like a waste of money to me.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drove to southern Illinois on Sunday, came back Monday with 2 extra passengers, 4 total. Added weight approximately 450 lbs. Cruise set at 68 mph, econ on, through a half dozen small towns, averaged 38 mpg. Several WOT's. 188 miles.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 20170718_185411
I think I may be challenged when it comes to searching for already made topics lol.. But anyways, what I'm doing to my coupe tomorrow is getting my windows tinted at 18% with the Suntek CXP carbon ceramic. Anyone know if this brand is any good? I live in Florida, am I ganna get pulled over and fined constantly for a 18% lol... 35% looks like a waste of money to me.
From what I read, up front you can have 28% and 15% on the rear windows. I don't know if you can have the windshield tinted at all.
I have 20% up front and 15% in the back if it helps.

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
20170718_185411.jpg

From what I read, up front you can have 28% and 15% on the rear windows. I don't know if you can have the windshield tinted at all.
Yeap you're correct FL law is 28% front 15%rear and winshield only non reflective avobe the AS-1 manufacturer's line AKA the black stripe lol

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L White
20170718_185411.jpg

I'm getting mine done illegally lol. 18% all around, windshield tinting is illegal in Florida, more so than going past the 35% limit for windows haha. But now its been brought to my attention thats its ganna be hard to see at night (friend has 15%). Didn't think of this. Brain storming lol.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
I'm getting mine done illegally lol. 18% all around, windshield tinting is illegal in Florida, more so than going past the 35% limit for windows haha. But now its been brought to my attention thats its ganna be hard to see at night (friend has 15%). Didn't think of this. Brain storming lol.
If it's night and you can't see just roll down the windows lol

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Yeap you're correct FL law is 28% front 15%rear and winshield only non reflective avobe the AS-1 manufacturer's line AKA the black stripe lol
I've been debating if I should get the strip, the sun glare is brutal this time of year

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been debating if I should get the strip, the sun glare is brutal this time of year
I'm getting it Thursday, I think it looks nice and yeah it definitely blocks sun glare. In terms of functionality I think is a yes, now you have to see if you like it aesthetically.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
I'm getting it Thursday, I think it looks nice and yeah it definitely blocks sun glare. In terms of functionality I think is a yes, now you have to see if you like it aesthetically.
Definitely post it once you get it done

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I began installing the components for my new subwoofer. I managed to connect my power wire to one of the terminals under the fuse box cover so that I didn't have to break off the battery terminal cover. I'm happy with the project so far considering the power wire wasn't too terribly hard to run. Now I wait for my custom box to be built and the rest of the parts to come in!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_8282

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
care to share the link where you bought it?
Yea man no problem, but since LEDs draw power from very small currents of electricity you will need a load resistor to make sure they dont stay on dim. Put the resistor in the dome light in the backseat and make sure the LED goes in snug. If the resistor is loose you could blow your interior lights fuse.

Enjoy, it's 10x better with the LEDs.

Both LED and load resistor
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MGI60RQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AYIQRA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I swapped my trunk, front and rear dome lights to LEDs without any resistors and have no problems. Did the same on my last car - visors, front and rear dome lights, front doors, and trunk - no issues.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.