Status
Not open for further replies.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
smh it's the law, pass when it's safe
Law in my state would make what they were doing illegal and unsafe. Forcing drivers to move entirely to the other lane to pass means a lot more time in head on range of on-coming traffic.

Here bicycles are required to stay as far right as is safe unless they are specifically overtaking another bicycle.

Hmoobgreen

First Name
Samson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback sport
I hope you mean the bicyclist and not the driver. Complete disregard for the rules of the road on a bike. If you're going to ride your bike on a shared road with cars you better be sticking to the rules like white on rice. Not to mention riding on a 2-lane winding road with no shoulders and no bike lane......what a recipe for disaster.

And then to break the law by riding 2 abreast in the lane. 100% bicyclist at fault. He was damn near on the centerline, wearing dark clothing and no lights/reflectors. There should be no surprise this happened.

I was actually behind a car that hit a bicyclist about a month ago. There were about 20 of them taking up the entire right lane, so much so that one of them crossed into our lane and the car in front of me hit him pretty hard. A couple of the bicyclists start getting irate with the driver, until the other 15 bikers came to her defense and lambasted the cyclist who cut in front of her. Obviously she wasn't at fault when the cops were said and done, and he'll be paying for the damages to her vehicle (as well as his body).

I know it sounds like I'm digging at all bikers, but that's not the case. Just follow the damn rules to a "T" and there should be a much lessened risk. I don't care who is truly at fault - if it's between a bike and a car, the car will win everytime.
in the description of the video on Youtube, it said there was a post on the road that cyclist allowed to ride that way. Even if they were not allowed, i dont think running them over is the answer

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great better than OEM for sure.

I can't be bothered selling the kit I got for free and getting WeatherTech.

veritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Country flag
I hope you mean the bicyclist and not the driver. Complete disregard for the rules of the road on a bike. If you're going to ride your bike on a shared road with cars you better be sticking to the rules like white on rice. Not to mention riding on a 2-lane winding road with no shoulders and no bike lane......what a recipe for disaster.

And then to break the law by riding 2 abreast in the lane. 100% bicyclist at fault. He was damn near on the centerline, wearing dark clothing and no lights/reflectors. There should be no surprise this happened.
You should do yourself and the world a favor and brush up on US traffic laws. The cyclists were 100% in the right in that video. Cyclists are supposed to follow the same laws that a motor vehicle does.

You are the danger on the road here, not cyclists.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
it's called lane control, it's a defensive technique so people don't think they can pass on a curve.
and furthermore, even with no curve and you want to maintain your lane and not have people cut in front of you and in straight-line driving, this lane control is very easy to do in DD with this civic. this should be explained to drivers of turbo. I've surprised people before they cut in front of me and so now I accelerate well before they get past my front bumper or even right before.

Last edited:

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
You should do yourself and the world a favor and brush up on US traffic laws. The cyclists were 100% in the right in that video. Cyclists are supposed to follow the same laws that a motor vehicle does.

You are the danger on the road here, not cyclists.
It changes state to state, there is no such thing as "US Traffic Laws". Each state has different rules, my particular state their riding would be illegal. Not to mention how unsafe it is to slow all the vehicles down to 25mph under the speed limit and piss everyone off.

veritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Country flag
It changes state to state, there is no such thing as "US Traffic Laws". Each state has different rules, my particular state their riding would be illegal. Not to mention how unsafe it is to slow all the vehicles down to 25mph under the speed limit and piss everyone off.
The majority of states have the same cyclists laws.

Getting stuck behind a cyclist is annoying but it's not unsafe. It's no different than getting stuck behind a motor vehicle traveling at the lowest legal speed or getting stuck behind an oversize load 18-wheeler. Control your road rage. It is perfectly legal to pass up cyclists when it is safe to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.