Not open for further replies.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
@fc two

How hard / easy was it to black out that chrome? You did an amazing job, can't even tell it used to be a different color. Tips are appreciated.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lil' balsamic drizzle on the mozzarella/tomato one. I might steal that idea. :D
Right on, Billy! The other was cheddar cheese with grilled jalapeño slices and ghost pepper sauce on the side.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This place has damn good wings too.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_20170611_154205786

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_20170611_151359186

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Yesterday I decided to test the high hood prop setting. While testing, I found that the washer fluid feed hose was getting pulled too tight when the hood was raised higher than the normal prop setting. I had to give it some slack by shifting the hose a bit from beneath the hood sound insulation layer.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Yesterday I decided to test the high hood prop setting. While testing, I found that the washer fluid feed hose was getting pulled too tight when the hood was raised higher than the normal prop setting. I had to give it some slack by shifting the hose a bit from beneath the hood sound insulation layer.
Good eye. I'll look for it on mine, too.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Speaking of washer fluid, I think I scratched my back glass when I ran my back wiper(it was the novelty of it, never had a back wiper before) on three occasions (just once each though) on purpose when it wasn't raining to get the car behind me's attention. I read the manual afterwards and found the disclaimer that using it when its not wet can lead to scratches but do you think there is any damage? I went and looked and sat in the back seat and turned around and I thought I saw it but they rubbed out with my hand so maybe not? This car was built in UK but it has some French in it due to how easy it gets scuffed. I realize this was my fault but just in general, be careful on this car cause it is very sensitive. The spills are catastrophic for the interior and even using your fingers to touch any part of the center console easily leads to scuffs and scratches on the buttons and beside the gear shifter. Any1?

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced the air filter today at 28,000 miles - so much sand and broken leaves in the housing.

Car seems to run faster after this "mod."

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
Since it's so hot here I was up at 5:30 and Washed and waxed the Hatchback and the EXT.I then locked the V2 to the Hatchback and installed the Siri Moto front strut bar.I uploaded the 21 starter calibration and did quick adjustments to enhance it a bit.
5AFA78F4-E1EB-45FB-9AC9-23213E661019.jpg
IMG_3468.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3472.JPG
Which injector are these, are these Injector Dynamics goodies? I wonder if there is any E85 tune for this car yet.

Chriskillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
What did you do to cover the chrome? I'm very new to working on cars. Is it just a spray? I want to remove all the chrome from my SGP to include the emblems on the front and back.
@fc two

How hard / easy was it to black out that chrome? You did an amazing job, can't even tell it used to be a different color. Tips are appreciated.
To you folk blacking out the chrome, are you guys plasti-dipping the black trim too? I'd worry about uniformity of the two black plastics looking weird.
Hey guys, you can check out my car in my garage, but I wanted to share some tips for you, Recently I was on the fence of plasti dipping, after my friend repeatedly told me if I don't like it I could just peel it off, I decided to give it a try, and love it. I plasti dipped my car (grill, side window, rear badges, dealer license plate) with pretty much 1 can at auto zone. You might want to buy 2 like me because if you work on different parts of the car on different days the plasti dip might dry around the nozzle area and when you use it, it'll throw out a splatter or nothing at all. Some water and paper towel can clean the nozzle but this is something I came across. If you get some on the car accidentally, it's hard to get it off when there's little specs of dip, so do your best to mask it off about a foot around where you're working (with tape about an inch around where you're working, trust me on that, one good tip is the inch can serve as a feeling point to tell if it's dry enough). If you feel like you sprayed too much accidentally in one coating, don't try to spray more around areas you missed, wait 10 mins for it to dry then continue, if you continue to spray you'll end up making it start dripping. It'll still look good afterwards. It's about 8 coats to make it look good. You can probably find my previous posts here with me masking it off. Make sure you also check the weather for the next couple of days before doing it and don't wash your car for about 2-3 days. When you do wash it, it's easy to forget you have the plasti dip on. Especially on the side windows, don't rub it, pat dry. Good luck!

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
The coilpack covers with the Mugen logo?
No..., That's just the sticker right..... I re read your post and I realize you did not mention anything about injection....I think you runs E85 since I was thinking of running my car with E85 all day long ;)

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Deleted.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.