2020 si oil dilution what should I do

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
What do you think causes the head gasket failure? Premature low speed detonation?
Not entirely sure but it's only reported by 1 or 2 persons and they were pushing the engine to it's limits with E85 and FBO, meth injection etc

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So some people don't mention this but break in is slower in this car than others in a way. The rings will take longer and if you can get break in oil use that. Driven is a brand sold by Summit Racing and they have break in oil. It has friction modifier so that it does break in but also is designed to not develop any hot spots which will cause glazing of the cylinder bore. You can even talk to someone at Driven's tech support line. They are great.
Thank you for contributing useful info about actual engine break in. All these threads where people talk about having changed their oil early because they think it somehow helps their engine makes me want to bang my head against my desk. I’ve thought about making a thread going into greater detail about engine break in, how the molybdenum assembly lube helps, how hot spots form, ring seating, etc. But unless it actually got stickied, it would probably just get buried or ignored.

MazdaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Easy solution. Take it to a dealer. Why wouldn't you do this? It's still under warranty.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thank you for contributing useful info about actual engine break in. All these threads where people talk about having changed their oil early because they think it somehow helps their engine makes me want to bang my head against my desk. I’ve thought about making a thread going into greater detail about engine break in, how the molybdenum assembly lube helps, how hot spots form, ring seating, etc. But unless it actually got stickied, it would probably just get buried or ignored.
Hey sorry I just saw this now. I think most people would say the minimum miles needed for good break-in depends on the type of driving done. With that said, city driving may allow for 300-500 miles perhaps. I wish I was the engineer testing engines so that I would definitely know. With mixed and highway more would be needed say 1000+. An important bit of information I can't find a definitive answer for is whether the non-SI 1.5 engines have piston squirters. If I ever need to change my oil pan gasket or sealant I can find out but so far Hondapro Jason has just shrugged his shoulders:
Sponsored