Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
yeah, to add to that..

they use a "type r" diameter clutch disc (not sure how many MM bigger than 1.5) Theory behind a "bigger" clutch disc on the same engine will reduce pedal pressure while increasing clamping load.. reason why the type r retro was so highly rated..

edit- if i actually clicked the link and i would have seen its 10mm bigger.

Fin_72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I was about to purchase a clutch from Eman but decided to go with the Competition Clutch based on the positive review, Type-R specs, and price. I’m thinking this will be a great option.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I was about to purchase a clutch from Eman but decided to go with the Competition Clutch based on the positive review, Type-R specs, and price. I’m thinking this will be a great option.
Organic clutch rated for 425WTQ at a price of $904 with lightweight flywheel and $968 with the ultra lightweight flywheel is definitely enticing.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Organic clutch rated for 425WTQ at a price of $904 with lightweight flywheel and $968 with the ultra lightweight flywheel is definitely enticing.
For real! I might have to look into this.

I experienced clutch slip for the first time yesterday... Only have 27Won CAI and TSP stage 1 tune, but I let my buddy drive my car and rip it in Map 3 with Sport mode on a couple days ago ?

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
For real! I might have to look into this.

I experienced clutch slip for the first time yesterday... Only have 27Won CAI and TSP stage 1 tune, but I let my buddy drive my car and rip it in Map 3 with Sport mode on a couple days ago ?
maybe he did some pull under 4k lol
Have 27won intake and RMM no slipping for now 10k kilo

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
maybe he did some pull under 4k lol
Have 27won intake and RMM no slipping for now 10k kilo
Trust me, it will start to slip eventually, mine just started to slip on TSP Stage 1 in 4th gear, there's just too much torque to handle for this weak clutch over time

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Trust me, it will start to slip eventually, mine just started to slip on TSP Stage 1 in 4th gear, there's just too much torque to handle for this weak clutch over time
Still olding and anyway will change it to act 6 puck spring with light flight wheel paired new cmc

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Really we just need more reviews of the competition clutch... I hope everyone who ordered has good results. Only thing stopping me from the ACT is the lockout issues reported by some. If the completion is as good as the specs, will definitely buy cause I'm on tap stage 1 with 27won intake as well... No slipping yet but I know it's coming...

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Really we just need more reviews of the competition clutch... I hope everyone who ordered has good results. Only thing stopping me from the ACT is the lockout issues reported by some. If the completion is as good as the specs, will definitely buy cause I'm on tap stage 1 with 27won intake as well... No slipping yet but I know it's coming...
Lockout happened because they dont have an cmc upgraded and some upgraded the cmc and no issue since this upgrade

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I have no problem upgrading the clutch master as well but then it becomes, upgrade to what? Willwood has leaking issues, the retro type r cmc is hard to get, can't remember the other popular one is but it was working on a v2 tweak to fix issues... Really just need a reliable combo of clutch and master that is easy to get.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
I have no problem upgrading the clutch master as well but then it becomes, upgrade to what? Willwood has leaking issues, the retro type r cmc is hard to get, can't remember the other popular one is but it was working on a v2 tweak to fix issues... Really just need a reliable combo of clutch and master that is easy to get.
Yea eman his cmc or sirimoto v2 ... Sirimoto will pm me when it will release the v2 ... sirimoto v2 his on testing right now and eman trying to buy 2 of them since april on web.

My friend on his hatchback sport sliping since day one(maybe weak clutch).You can't realy upgrade the clutch for now due of no cmc avalaible. Because more pressure will be put on the cmc and the stock one will finaly leak. That is why he didnt change it. He is good on 1 2 3 gear except 4 gear need to be 4.8-5k to pull without slipage.
Sponsored

Last edited: