luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Oh yeah. 100%. I just haven’t been able to get on it tho. As soon as I hit 7psi my clutch starts slipping big time. Can’t wait to feel its full potential after clutch and tune.
did install your own w1 or had a shop do it?

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Did the w1 by myself. It’s really straight forward and not that difficult. 27won provides really good instructions. A shop quoted me $550 to install... F that. Lol.
cool, i wanna do my own install as well. i already swapped the dp myself which is one of the components you have to remove right? how many hours did it take you? can you give me an overall idea of what needs to be removed.

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
cool, i wanna do my own install as well. i already swapped the dp myself which is one of the components you have to remove right? how many hours did it take you? can you give me an overall idea of what needs to be removed.
Took me 6-7ish hours. Basically your just taking off the turbo inlet pipe, clamping down 2 coolant lines, and then removing. They provide you with a list of tools you will need, going to need a bunch of extensions to fit in some awfully tight areas. And make sure you go to Honda and pick up a gallon of their type 2 coolant. You will lose some, it’s inevitable.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Took me 6-7ish hours. Basically your just taking off the turbo inlet pipe, clamping down 2 coolant lines, and then removing. They provide you with a list of tools you will need, going to need a bunch of extensions to fit in some awfully tight areas. And make sure you go to Honda and pick up a gallon of their type 2 coolant. You will lose some, it’s inevitable.
will you need a lift or lifting the car on jack stands will do? what do you think of the 27won turbo, do you like it?

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
will you need a lift or lifting the car on jack stands will do? what do you think of the 27won turbo, do you like it?
Jack stands work perfect. A lift would be overkill in my opinion. I love the turbo so far, just haven’t been able to go WOT yet. I did once and my clutch was slipping super hard around 7psi. Should be getting a new one in on Monday.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Jack stands work perfect. A lift would be overkill in my opinion. I love the turbo so far, just haven’t been able to go WOT yet. I did once and my clutch was slipping super hard around 7psi. Should be getting a new one in on Monday.
which clutch kit are you going with if you don't mind my asking?

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I went with SPEC stage 2+ with steel single mass flywheel.
I hear a lot of people are going with those. Flywheel is lighter and heard good reviews about it dropping the rpms really fast.
Sponsored