Jambles

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Recently bought a Ktuner V2 from TSP’s site, the tune totally changed performance but I’m concerned about how much boost I’m seeing in Map 2. I’m seeing a consistent 21psi normal and upwards of 23/24psi in sport. Whereas Map 1 and Map 3 seem to be working as they should. Should I be concerned? I already tried reflashing the tune and reinstalling the Ktuner application on my computer but I’m getting the same problem. (I’ve sent TSP an email about this as well but I’m curious if anyone had the same problem or similar.) Running 91 in SoCal if that matters and I’ll be flashing back to the Ktuner base map for the time being to be on the safe side.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Post up a datalog. Are you running any bolt ons?

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Recently bought a Ktuner V2 from TSP’s site, the tune totally changed performance but I’m concerned about how much boost I’m seeing in Map 2. I’m seeing a consistent 21psi normal and upwards of 23/24psi in sport. Whereas Map 1 and Map 3 seem to be working as they should. Should I be concerned? I already tried reflashing the tune and reinstalling the Ktuner application on my computer but I’m getting the same problem. (I’ve sent TSP an email about this as well but I’m curious if anyone had the same problem or similar.) Running 91 in SoCal if that matters and I’ll be flashing back to the Ktuner base map for the time being to be on the safe side.
It's ok. Next, turn on sport mode, hold down the TCS button for a few seconds until the yellow light illuminates on the dash. The car will be significantly more aggressive.

OP
OP
Jambles

Jambles

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Post up a datalog. Are you running any bolt ons?
I'll try to post one tonight, the only bolt on I have is the prl street intake. (Yes it is the street version, I had it months before I got the Ktuner)

OP
OP
Jambles

Jambles

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
It's ok. Next, turn on sport mode, hold down the TCS button for a few seconds until the yellow light illuminates on the dash. The car will be significantly more aggressive.
I'm not quite sure you got what I meant. I understand that turning traction control off opens up the throttlebody or something along those lines, but my dilemma is that map 2 is performing higher than it should be leading me to think the tune was flashed improperly or something isn't right. Appreciate the response though!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try to post one tonight, the only bolt on I have is the prl street intake. (Yes it is the street version, I had it months before I got the Ktuner)
To post the datalog here, put the .kdlg file into a .zip file. I'll check it out and see if I notice anything.

OP
OP
Jambles

Jambles

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
To post the datalog here, put the .kdlg file into a .zip file. I'll check it out and see if I notice anything.
Made two logs for normal/sport and they're both a 3rd/4th gear pull in Map 2. I also noticed on flashing the tune it defaults to Map 2 for me. I don't know if this is normal but I assume its supposed to default to Map 1. (All on the non-race TSP stage 1 tune)

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Made two logs for normal/sport and they're both a 3rd/4th gear pull in Map 2. I also noticed on flashing the tune it defaults to Map 2 for me. I don't know if this is normal but I assume its supposed to default to Map 1. (All on the non-race TSP stage 1 tune)
If you keep the KTuner plugged in, it will always revert to the last used map. Unplugged, the car will startup on map 1.

As far as overshooting your targets...

You are hitting 1-2 psi over target but only for a second and only when you're letting off throttle. I see this behavior on my car as well depending on the scenario. One time, I was targeting 23.5 psi and hit 26.3 psi for a second on a downhill portion of road I was on.

I wouldn't be terribly concerned but feel free to let other people chime in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jambles

Jambles

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
If you keep the KTuner plugged in, it will always revert to the last used map. Unplugged, the car will startup on map 1.

As far as overshooting your targets...

You are hitting 1-2 psi over target but only for a second and only when you're letting off throttle. I see this behavior on my car as well depending on the scenario. One time, I was targeting 23.5 psi and hit 26.3 psi for a second on a downhill portion of road I was on.

I wouldn't be terribly concerned but feel free to let other people chime in.
Okay gotcha, really appreciate the feedback. Definitely gave me a little piece of mind. I think it didn't wholly reflect in the log that I'm seeing the 23/24psi in sport for Map 2 for a solid interval since roads were somewhat congested today but I'll be sure to log it again for a better example when I get the chance.

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Maybe someone with more experience can chime in but I think that these cars look for a torque target and if the cars needs more boost pressure to achieve that, it will build more pressure. Maybe this is what you're experiencing?

OP
OP
Jambles

Jambles

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Maybe someone with more experience can chime in but I think that these cars look for a torque target and if the cars needs more boost pressure to achieve that, it will build more pressure. Maybe this is what you're experiencing?
That sounds somewhat plausible since elevation could also play a factor, but its strange that it only happens on Map 2 for me. I'll be sure to post when I hear back from TSP!

OP
OP
Jambles

Jambles

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I heard back from TSP that my readings shouldn't be a concern.
Sponsored