Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I am interested in buying a stock OEM hood to cut up for some hood vents and Hondapartsnow has them listed for what I think is a reasonable price. I contacted them to ask a couple of questions like, is it painted and does it come with a hood latch?

They asked me for my serial number and then refused to answer my questions because I have a Canadian VIN. OTOH they were quite happy to quote me the price including shipping in Canadian dollars.

Have any of you Americans contacted them with similar questions or had a hood shipped from them?
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’d recommend college hills Honda instead. They probably won’t answer your questions because they can’t guarantee anything about the Canadian model and don’t want to be held liable for a return.

That being said, body panels are never painted. If the latch is on the part diagram it should be included. What’s the part #?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I've never had to provide a vin for car parts, so that's a bit weird. Honestly don't expect them to have in depth knowledge on individual parts outside of what you can read on the part description. If it's not listed as "part in X color" I'd assume it's unpainted.

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Part number is

60100-TGH-A00ZZ

The diagram doesn't show the underside so no idea about the latch. (hence the question)

Would be interesting to know if it is primed or just raw aluminum

Interestingly there are 3 different part numbers for the hood scoop but only 1 has an identified colour (Boost blue)

ObsidionXI

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic FK7
Country flag
Part number is

60100-TGH-A00ZZ

The diagram doesn't show the underside so no idea about the latch. (hence the question)

Would be interesting to know if it is primed or just raw aluminum

Interestingly there are 3 different part numbers for the hood scoop but only 1 has an identified colour (Boost blue)
Contact College Hills Honda. They have great knowledgeable staff, and reply relatively fast. They should be able to help you out.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
A Canadian vin won't work in the Honda catalog in the united states. So they can't know for sure your part is the same as the US version and stand behind their product and they also can't parts warranty any part without a valid US vin. Now if you call them with a part number and tell them to order that part with no warranty, then most would be happy to.

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the info guys. As it turns out, I was able to get a reasonable discount from my local dealer and considering the price of shipping from Hondapartsnow, the final price was pretty close. BTW, the hood does indeed come with the metal loop that engages the latch. The part comes in flat black primer and I have had it wrapped in shiny black and added Trackspec vents which are somewhat successful
Sponsored