La_Flame

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey, so I recently bought a 2020 CTR and I’m enjoying it but recently a problem arose where my car emits a squeaking sounds whenever I’m gliding in neutral or anywhere from 0-45ish. Whenever I press the brakes it disappears but the brakes than cause a high squeal. I’m sorry if this is a dumb question and I do have an appointment set up but was just wondering if y’all had any idea what it could be. I linked a video for it as well BEWARE HEADPHONE USERS!! I did the best I could with the wind sorry.
thanks in advance.
Sponsored

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Something is rubbing on your brake disc. Hard to tell why or what but definitely an easy fix for the dealer

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Easy fix for yourself too, if you can just have a friend check for you as your drive by slowly which wheel it sounds like its coming from. If its a stone you can pry back the shield behind the rotor and it should fall out if you can find it. If it's the shield itself then just bend it back far enough yourself and it should stop.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Watch out sometime rocks get between the dust chield and the break disc and makes crazy sounds just try and pushing out the disc cover from the brake disc

OP
OP

La_Flame

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
So I took it in and they didn’t find any things between the shields, they thought it was the pins holding the brake pads so they cleaned them and put grease on them. The first day was fine but now it has came back. Is there any 2020 CTR owners who have had similar problems or is there always a squeaky sound

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
There is not always a squeaky sound. I've never had one on my 2020. Keep investigating. Perhaps change the brake pads next.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
There is not always a squeaky sound. I've never had one on my 2020. Keep investigating. Perhaps change the brake pads next.
This...I have been driving over a lot of rocks and such. I havent had an issue with the squeaky sound yet. Question to the OP do you have rock guards on your type R?

OP
OP

La_Flame

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
This...I have been driving over a lot of rocks and such. I havent had an issue with the squeaky sound yet. Question to the OP do you have rock guards on your type R?
If you mean mudguards, than yes i got rally armor. I will probably take it to another dealer to see if they find something.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, so I recently bought a 2020 CTR and I’m enjoying it but recently a problem arose where my car emits a squeaking sounds whenever I’m gliding in neutral or anywhere from 0-45ish. Whenever I press the brakes it disappears but the brakes than cause a high squeal. I’m sorry if this is a dumb question and I do have an appointment set up but was just wondering if y’all had any idea what it could be. I linked a video for it as well BEWARE HEADPHONE USERS!! I did the best I could with the wind sorry.
thanks in advance.
Have the same issue on my 2020. On a short drive within the city it’s fine, no squeaks. When I get back from a long drive and drive at 25 - 35 mph, I hear it in the right rear. I’ve taken off the wheel and rotated the rotor by hand and no sound. I’ve also checked the dust shields for rocks by tapping them and nothing falls out, or no rattling noise. Seems like it squeaks when it’s real hot. The sound does go away when I hit the brakes as well. I have ZL rock guards by the way. I assume some sort of metal expands from the heat and some how touches another metal during rotation. I will have to do more investigation one of these weekends.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
It's under warranty drive the crap out of it and take it to the dealer when you have a real problem.
Enjoy your ride!

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's under warranty drive the crap out of it and take it to the dealer when you have a real problem.
Enjoy your ride!
I hear ya on that one. It just bugs the crap out of me.