First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mustangs are nice, I had a 73 back in the 80's. The new ones look better than any of the other brands. All I can say is, in 34 years of owning various Civics and 1 CRV, none of them had ever costs me more than $800.00 in repairs. Rock solid reliability, high mileage cars.
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
That's a big strike against mustangs...NOT.:D

Over 50% of households in NYC are allegedly car-free. There will be an increasing Congestion Fee in places like Manhattan if they don't have it already. Eventually they will ban private cars completely from these sorts of places. There was a private car entry fee to Helsinki (Finland) already 40+ years ago which was high enough to make people leave their cars in parking lots and drive buses or trains into the city. And Helsinki is no Manhattan.

Driving a car in Manhattan may be still a tourist attraction (I did it several times for the experience) but it's no fun if you have to do it daily:drool: and it seems like it has no future.

A real car enthusiast should move out of crowded ratholes to greener pastures.
There is a reason why civicx Waking the Dragon meet is not in Manrattan or San Fransicko, but in a place where cell phones don't work.:spaz:
I used to make a few deliveries in Manhattan from a company on Long Island twice a week for 7 years it was in a small straight job but it was a bitch during lunch hour in Manhattan

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mustangs are nice, I had a 73 back in the 80's. The new ones look better than any of the other brands. All I can say is, in 34 years of owning various Civics and 1 CRV, none of them had ever costs me more than $800.00 in repairs. Rock solid reliability, high mileage cars.
The 73 was it a fastback or notchback

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
That's a big strike against mustangs...NOT.:D

Over 50% of households in NYC are allegedly car-free. There will be an increasing Congestion Fee in places like Manhattan if they don't have it already. Eventually they will ban private cars completely from these sorts of places. There was a private car entry fee to Helsinki (Finland) already 40+ years ago which was high enough to make people leave their cars in parking lots and drive buses or trains into the city. And Helsinki is no Manhattan.

Driving a car in Manhattan may be still a tourist attraction (I did it several times for the experience) but it's no fun if you have to do it daily:drool: and it seems like it has no future.

A real car enthusiast should move out of crowded ratholes to greener pastures.
There is a reason why civicx Waking the Dragon meet is not in Manrattan or San Fransicko, but in a place where cell phones don't work.:spaz:
Actually they just park their SUVs across the river in a NJ parking garage. It's the Manhattanites version of Bible-thumping.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 73 was it a fastback or notchback
It was the Grande model, notch back I guess. It did have the 351 Cleveland engine.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
All I can say about Mustangs is, I’d take one any day of the week over something like this:

96986EE1-006D-4847-9CCB-44D8391EFDDB.jpeg
A lifted Escalade?? :rofl:. I'm willing to bet anything that it will never even see grass let alone go off road. I can see how some people who actually like to go off road want to lift their SUV's/Trucks (my first car was a '03 Tacoma with a a lift on it that I actually used to take on off road courses), but the type of person who lifts a Cadillac Escalade so aggressively is probably someone who's trying to compensate lol.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A lifted Escalade?? :rofl:. I'm willing to bet anything that it will never even see grass let alone go off road. I can see how some people who actually like to go off road want to lift their SUV's/Trucks (my first car was a '03 Tacoma with a a lift on it that I actually used to take on off road courses), but the type of person who lifts a Cadillac Escalade so aggressively is probably someone who's trying to compensate lol.
It a throwback from the 80s.when the Bigfoot rage was popular they lifted everything station wagons pintos,Vega’s ,VW bugs .the body’s where put on lifted truck chassis unlike the Escalade. But it’s just as ridiculous in my opinion

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
Oh right I forgot people get cars for the performance. But there’s no way everyone who gets a muscle car is racing them. They are just trying to show off and look cool. But why should you pay 35-40k to do that. Then I remembered that Americans are fucken idiots and believe that owning a nicer car makes you better than everyone else.
Ummm, no dude, just no. This pretty much sums up your attitude and your thread, and I did not even get beyond this post yet. People buys cars because that is what they like and what they can afford, perhaps you are just jealous? I really like the Charger but, I do not trust Dodge Reliability, after my experience with the Dart. That said, I like how they look very, very much.

kuroi

First Name
Kuroi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
..... They provide 90s supercar performance (handling too). ... They offer a lot of modern performance for an aggressive price. ....
I'm w rivers. I road race, and I instruct for some track clubs, and for the first time ever, in 2014, I was really impressed with the Z28 on the track. Its still not exactly my style. But I am impressed. And the new GT350 and the ZL1 1LE is impressive too. I have a lot of fun when I get a chance to drive onw.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Mom has a Mustang V8 GT convertible but she opted for the automatic version. I B E G G E D her to not waste the opportunity to own a manual trans. She scoffed and got the automatic and get this - not only does she give up about 35 HP to take the auto over manual she goes with the 87 Octane gas for a net loss of at least 12 HP. What a mess!!! She told me of a neighbor friend of hers in Naples Florida ... He was sooooo proud of his Mustang. It too was an automatic. I advised once he takes off his skirt ...etc ... The REAL crime is that something like 85 to 90 percent or more of all Mustangs sold are automatic shift. The Si was nearly presented with an option of the half step quick shift automatic but Honda declined and opted to have the Si presented ONLY as a manual shift. If this is ONE THING I hope for is that the 10th Gen shines for this and this alone. Cheers to the manual trans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As a charter member of Save The Manuals you are so right. I guess an F1 style paddle shift is fine - if you're driving in Formula One at 200 mph. Otherwise, not so much. Bless Honda for only offering the SI with a six speed manual. It is a driver's car.

And can we all agree to stop calling automatics with a 'manual mode' manuals? They are automatics. No third pedal, then don't call it a manual. I'm looking at you Cars.com, Auto Trader.com, Craigslist, Ebay, etc.

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone noticed how many mustangs, Cameros, and chargers are out on the streets? I actually think the value of them are less because their are so many. Obviously it’s a good sign for our economy that there are so many but I just think owning one doesn’t mean as much anymore as it used to. Thoughts?
I know what you mean. For every like 50 Mustangs I see, I maybe see 1 current Type R. Makes the Type R more rare which I love. If the law of supply and demand and scarcity is true then the Type R should be worth a lot more second hand in the long run.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone noticed how many mustangs, Cameros, and chargers are out on the streets? I actually think the value of them are less because their are so many. Obviously it’s a good sign for our economy that there are so many but I just think owning one doesn’t mean as much anymore as it used to. Thoughts?
Sure there are a lot of American muscle cars on the road. News flash, we are in America, and these are fast cars. Not my first choice because I need better mileage and agree with the Colin Chapman, the late founder of Lotus, who said 'first add more lightness.' A heavy car with a lot of power will never feel as nimble or toss-able as a lighter car with less power.

But no reason to hate on other well made and attractive cars, or their owners. People buy cars for a lot of reasons, mostly because they appeal to them. Not to impress others. I appreciated the 'cool car' comment I got last week on my SI. But that is hardly why I bought it. I prefer my SI - but I still respect other cars and their owners. Unless of course they just can't drive.

InfamousSi

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2015 Mustang GT
Country flag
Personally, I don't think it really matters how many mustangs or civics or whatever are out on the street. To me, what really matters is how much I love the car and enjoy the car that I have, even if many others have bought the same car. I'll try to make mine unique to my liking. Some people don't really give a shit what others have, as long as they are enjoying themselves, while some other people notice what other's have and want something unique and better. Honestly, who gives a shit, just do you.

I have a 2015 Mustang GT, but I've upgraded with performance parts, suspension, chassis bracing, etc. and it makes 764whp. It's unique to my taste and I love it.
Do I race it? Yes (summer only)
Do I have fun on the streets? Yes (safely)
Do I store it in fall/winter for 6-7 months? Yes

I have a 2018 Civic Si with just minor exterior upgrades but pretty much stock. I love driving it everyday.
Do I race it? No
Do I have fun on the streets? Yes (safely)
Do I drive it everyday? Yes

I forgot to mention that I am also American. I might have moved here from a foreign country a long time ago, but I worked hard here, made a living, and am enjoying my life here. Also, just because you buy a performance car, doesn't mean you have to race it, why does it make someone an idiot if they don't want to race their car and just want to own a nice car they can just have a little bit of fun in? There are plenty of cars I want to buy and collect some of which I would probably not race because guess what, I'm a CAR ENTHUSIAST.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.