Status
Not open for further replies.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Anyone noticed how many mustangs, Cameros, and chargers are out on the streets? I actually think the value of them are less because their are so many. Obviously it’s a good sign for our economy that there are so many but I just think owning one doesn’t mean as much anymore as it used to. Thoughts?
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a $30-35k car that has a 4-flat 0-60 and runs a 12-flat in the 1/4 mile (or better). The Camaro does about the same. The Charger R/T adds a second or so on all those unless you opt for a ~$40k Scat Pack... then you roughly match the Mustang/Camaro and have room for a family of 5.

They provide 90s supercar performance (handling too). I don't know... they're not really my style, but I'm fine with them. I know why there's so many of them. They offer a lot of modern performance for an aggressive price. It's these everyday-man muscle cars that have made the 90s muscle car ~5-5.5 second 0-60 and ~13.5-14.0 1/4 mile times unimpressive today, coupled with every V6 family sedan matching those times through the last decade.

I thinking owning one means as much now as it ever has. They just keep getting faster and faster as long as I've been alive. All new cars, regardless of whether they're fast or slow have gotten so well equipped with their standard equipment, they're all practically luxury cars compared to what I remember as a kid.

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could say the same about the Civic :dunno: pretty sure it's the most popular car in the US again.

People are going to buy what they want to and that's alright - I personally think Mustangs are absolutely amazing bang for your buck performance wise even though I wouldn't get one.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could say the same about the Civic :dunno: pretty sure it's the most popular car in the US again.

People are going to buy what they want to and that's alright - I personally think Mustangs are absolutely amazing bang for your buck performance wise even though I wouldn't get one.
Oh right I forgot people get cars for the performance. But there’s no way everyone who gets a muscle car is racing them. They are just trying to show off and look cool. But why should you pay 35-40k to do that. Then I remembered that Americans are fucken idiots and believe that owning a nicer car makes you better than everyone else.

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh right I forgot people get cars for the performance. But there’s no way everyone who gets a muscle car is racing them. They are just trying to show off and look cool. But why should you pay 35-40k to do that. Then I remembered that Americans are fucken idiots and believe that owning a nicer car makes you better than everyone else.
There’s two types of Americans...those who think buying a nicer car makes you a better person, and those who think talking shit about other Americans makes you a better person, either way we’re all fucking idiots so get off your high horse your not any better then the rest of us.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see tons of all those cars and you can add the Challenger too. All nice cars, I like the Mustang the most, they are a good bang for the buck. But if you get one and drive it slow all the time, it's a waste. I couldn't stand driving my EXT slow all the time either for that matter, even though its relatively slow.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Id take the Camaro over the other two

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Maybe you should move someplace where there are no Americans and go back to the s_ _ t hole you came from. It's people like you that are ruining our country.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see tons of all those cars and you can add the Challenger too. All nice cars, I like the Mustang the most, they are a good bang for the buck. But if you get one and drive it slow all the time, it's a waste. I couldn't stand driving my EXT slow all the time either for that matter, even though its relatively slow.
Very few people who own them ever race them. Most just buy it for status and symbol even if symbolizes a tiny penis and poor decision making lmao.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness I suppose. You seem to have a low option of Americans to live here. Respecting other people choices, so long as they don't cause you harm is (should be) a cornerstone of our society... any society, IMO. "...a decent respect to the opinions of mankind..." is another good phrase.

I don't get why what people choose when it doesn't harm you chafes you so much to come on here and complain about it. But... then again... that same decent respect to opinions.

Remember this car forum isn't just about liking our cars, but about enthusiasm about cars in general. It's poor form to put down other things to try to elevate what you like. It's best to let it succeed on it's in merits. If it can't... then it probably isn't all that good anyways.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
We see these Mushtangs, Camaros and Challengers everywhere up here aswell. These big heavy cars just never did it for me, though. not my tea cup. I much prefer what Honda has to offer in the Si, Type R, or any sporty Japanese car really

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Muscle cars are some of the best value for money you can get these days. Not to mention that cars like the Camaro and Mustang are often a car people work towards owning once they get a decent job and just puts a smile on people's face. Also, assuming these guys are trying to show off is just stupid. Sure there are people like that but that doesnt mean every single person who owns a nice car is automatically trying to show off.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
The car market is also much more limited these days. There are fewer brands, and those that remain are not offering lots of choice in terms of performance cars. Even looking at 10 years ago, there were more choices. Midsize coupes are all but dead, so if you want something that's purely for fun you're limited. Now everyone wants a luxury sedan or SUV.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
My Mom has a Mustang V8 GT convertible but she opted for the automatic version. I B E G G E D her to not waste the opportunity to own a manual trans. She scoffed and got the automatic and get this - not only does she give up about 35 HP to take the auto over manual she goes with the 87 Octane gas for a net loss of at least 12 HP. What a mess!!! She told me of a neighbor friend of hers in Naples Florida ... He was sooooo proud of his Mustang. It too was an automatic. I advised once he takes off his skirt ...etc ... The REAL crime is that something like 85 to 90 percent or more of all Mustangs sold are automatic shift. The Si was nearly presented with an option of the half step quick shift automatic but Honda declined and opted to have the Si presented ONLY as a manual shift. If this is ONE THING I hope for is that the 10th Gen shines for this and this alone. Cheers to the manual trans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.