Tint laws in pa?

hello_adriana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone familiar with tint laws in pa? I've had the windows tinted to 20% on my hatchback since about November. I was driving (ironically to go drop my boyfriends new wrx at the tint shop) and I was pulled
Over, only because the cop said he couldn't see in my car. I know there were other factors working against that like sun glare, pollen on the windows, and my black interior. I have never had any cop tell me before that my Windows were too dark. I see so many people with either my shade or darker driving. Has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did anything actually happen? Were you issued a ticket for defective equipment, or did he just give you a verbal warning?

OP
OP
hello_adriana

hello_adriana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was issued a citation for vision obstruction. I'm going to court to try and fight it. I tried to get a doctors note for migraines, which I do have, but I can't find a dr who would write the script. He didn't use a light reader, it was very sunny with a lot of pollen on my car, and my interior is dark. He also has the car listed as a wagon/SUV which you are allowed to have all the windows tinted but the front two. I'll
Let you know what happens.

OP
OP
hello_adriana

hello_adriana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was issued a citation for vision obstruction. I'm going to court to try and fight it. I tried to get a doctors note for migraines, which I do have, but I can't find a dr who would write the script. He didn't use a light reader, it was very sunny with a lot of pollen on my car, and my interior is dark. He also has the car listed as a wagon/SUV which you are allowed to have all the windows tinted but the front two. I'll

OP
OP
hello_adriana

hello_adriana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sponsored