CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a silver ex as well got 5% on all windows in LA,
Are you not going to get hassles for the limo tint all around? Cops can't see you in the car and it is quite dangerous having such low visibility up front. Unless you just tinted the back windows.

Fivenine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex
Are you not going to get hassles for the limo tint all around? Cops can't see you in the car and it is quite dangerous having such low visibility up front. Unless you just tinted the back windows.
It's not that bad and any tint in the front two windows is illegal here so might as well

adamlee05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Here's mine with 35/25

IMG_20160421_184724.jpg
Shazam, could you take a photo directly from the side while parked in the sun? The shade really darkens any tint, and the angle can also be misleading. Thanks in advance if you can post up another!

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not that bad and any tint in the front two windows is illegal here so might as well
I am sure it looks nice but it is a higher risk tinting all windows limo. You lessen the risk if you have a lighter tint that allows the driver to be seen from the outside. A step down tint also helps if you really want to go dark at the back. Having all dark limo is just waiting for attention in my opinion...but it is you car and the way you want it....lol...

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am sure it looks nice but it is a higher risk tinting all windows limo. You lessen the risk if you have a lighter tint that allows the driver to be seen from the outside. A step down tint also helps if you really want to go dark at the back. Having all dark limo is just waiting for attention in my opinion...but it is you car and the way you want it....lol...
With the 74% factory tint....that leaves you with a 3% VLT up front. That's like driving at night with low light all the time.

asdf916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP
Country flag
Would getting 70% tint on top of the 70% windows be useless? I'd like to not have to worry about rolling down my front windows anytime I see police

adamlee05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Would getting 70% tint on top of the 70% windows be useless? I'd like to not have to worry about rolling down my front windows anytime I see police
What are your local tint laws? Multiply whatever tint option you're considering times the factory tint and that will give you a very rough estimate on the actual level you'll have. For example, 40% on top of ~75% factory would be 0.4 X 0.75 = 0.3, which is %30. This is a very rough estimate, as tint usually does not stack values exactly like this, but close.

dchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic WOP, 2009 Acura MDX Black
I had no idea there was already tint.... Got 35 in the front and 20 in the back, no wonder it is so dark....

Honda Civic 10th gen 70% factory tint + aftermarket tint ima

asdf916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP
Country flag
What are your local tint laws? Multiply whatever tint option you're considering times the factory tint and that will give you a very rough estimate on the actual level you'll have. For example, 40% on top of ~75% factory would be 0.4 X 0.75 = 0.3, which is %30. This is a very rough estimate, as tint usually does not stack values exactly like this, but close.
Yea I get that, but I'm just wondering if there'd just be no point from a real-life perspective to do 49% tinting (70% * 70%). I'm in CA, so no tints on the front sides at all.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea I get that, but I'm just wondering if there'd just be no point from a real-life perspective to do 49% tinting (70% * 70%). I'm in CA, so no tints on the front sides at all.
I'm in NorCal and although illegal to tint the front windows, you should be alright as long as they see you inside from the outside. I have 35% front on both my Civics. 70% tint will look almost like you don't have any on. A good quality tint (I.e. 3M Crystalline 70 or Llumar Ceramic Air 80) will do well with heat rejection similar to darker tints but keep your windows light. Cost more though. I have Air80 on my windshield and you can barely tell it's there.

dchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic WOP, 2009 Acura MDX Black
Can you post a shot in direct sunlight, from a direct side view?
Been kind of gloomy here lately, I will see if I can get a better shot.

I was finally able to get some shots in direct sunlight, it's pretty dark lol

Last edited: