Things you didn't know about your Si

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That makes sense - especially now that I read the manual. ;)

Untitled.png
it is weird the things that can be found in the manual. haha
Sponsored

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
How do you activate the strobing LED lights?? I've seen them in the videos, but hitting the emergency does not trigger the strobe effect...

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Also if you have your seatbelt on and you put the shifter into first gear or reverse and give it a little bit of gas, the parking brake will automatically disengage. It won't do this unless your seatbelt is on tho. Pretty cool feature that I figured out on accident today.

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
How do you activate the strobing LED lights?? I've seen them in the videos, but hitting the emergency does not trigger the strobe effect...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure what you are seeing in these videos is caused by the frame rate of the camera not matching the output of the LEDs

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure what you are seeing in these videos is caused by the frame rate of the camera not matching the output of the LEDs
Correct, like the old 80/90's movies TV flickered a LOT, it was due to the syncing of the screen scanning and the film rate.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
You can also roll your windows down by pressing unlock on your keyfob 3 times. On the 3rd, time, hold unlock. All windows and sunroof opens. To roll back up, take valet key out and put in keyhole in door, turn to right either 2 or 3 times. On the 2 or 3rd time to the right, hold it and everything should close again. Not sure if it will do it by pressing lock 3 times.
Oh that seals the deal for me!(not that I needed any more motivation) I had that on my 2011 200 and was great during these ridiculously hot Florida summers

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I didnt know it would have a Dual mass flywheel, or only make 18lbs of boost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Three more for now...

1. The engine will automatically rev match for upshifts when using the cruise control. In other words, if you have the cruise set and depress the clutch pedal, the engine speed will adjust and hold to match the next higher gear for the current vehicle speed for a seamless shift.

2. The temperature and fuel gauges, although they appear to be digital, are actually mechanical needles behind printed overlays cleverly disguised as LED/LCD displays.

3. Even though the Si doesn't have built-in navigation, it does have a built-in GPS receiver (notice the icon of a satellite at the top of the display). The GPS coordinates are used to assist your smartphone when using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.

Last edited:

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
My trip computers were both NOT set to reset when refueling, so you might want to check yours. I like A to auto reset, B manual.
I do the same thing. I like trip a to show my mileage on a tank of fuel and trip b to show other mileage or so I can track it for an oil change. Did this with my last si. Although it took me a little while to find it on this new si

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
w
That makes sense - especially now that I read the manual. ;)

Untitled.png
with this logic it means we don't have to bother to turn the parking brake on and off all the time?
Sponsored