Things you didn't know about your Si

Mistborn7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
- Dim the dash lights using the "trip" knob.
- Coupe doors have 2 or 3 almost perfectly distanced "stop" positions (to avoid ramming things with the longer doors).

Still exploring other features, but there aren't as many gizmos as the normal Civic Touring I drove.
Sponsored

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
w

with this logic it means we don't have to bother to turn the parking brake on and off all the time?
Unfortunately no, the parking brake only auto engages if the brake hold is on. So if you make sure to have it on before you get out of the car every time then yes it will work. But it's just as much effort to push the electric parking brake. I do love the auto disengage of the brake when you put the vehicle in gear tho.

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
I always use brake hold just so I don't forget the parking brake . Still trying to adjust to the electronic brake . I ghost pull an ebrake STILL

the window feature is awesome . Also looks cool to onlookers :) I wish I could not enable the sunroof tho and put windows back up . Couldn't figure out if there was a way to do that

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I learned, this morning, upon awaiting for my windows to defrost, that sometimes the e-brake isn't on and the car will very quietly and smoothly start rolling down my driveway. I got lucky and nothing was going on but I was pretty surprised to barely see out of frost covered windows that I was moving... I also don't have the hang of the e-e-brake or brake hold yet...

bluejean19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Accord Sport
Yeah, call me crazy but I actually miss the e-brake being an handle. The push button start is also taking to getting use to

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
In my case, there are a lot to get used to because I have not driven a manual for 12-13 years.

It would be great if the e-brake can be engaged automatically once the car is powered down. However, the car would not be able to be push-start. BTW, can our cars be push-start?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
The car will automatically engage the ebrake when powering down so long as you have brake hold on.

In my case, there are a lot to get used to because I have not driven a manual for 12-13 years.

It would be great if the e-brake can be engaged automatically once the car is powered down. However, the car would not be able to be push-start. BTW, can our cars be push-start?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
No hill start assist is automatically done. Brake hold is the green brake hold button next to shifter. If that’s on then your ebrake will auto engage when powering off

By brake hold, are you referring the Hill-Start Assist?

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I hear brake hold doesn’t work/not good when you’re at an incline.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I learned, this morning, upon awaiting for my windows to defrost, that sometimes the e-brake isn't on and the car will very quietly and smoothly start rolling down my driveway. I got lucky and nothing was going on but I was pretty surprised to barely see out of frost covered windows that I was moving... I also don't have the hang of the e-e-brake or brake hold yet...
Honda Civic 10th gen Things you didn't know about your Si necro29844976
Sponsored