First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 6' 7" (not lying, this isnt tinder) and fit perfectly and comfortably. Same with FRS, so idk how people aren't comfortable. Just lower the chair and angle seat a little. Only car I straight up actually couldnt fit (and got stuck inside at a dealer lol) was a lotus espirit v8tt. I actually go out horizontally via the passenger. Mother fracking Lotus and some Lamborghini's are made to say "FU" to tall people. But I digress.

I only really hate the clutch. Its a travesty. Quite literally my second favorite car (sig) with the only other possible issue being FWD + modding = lolnicepogostick, but i do it anyways.
Sponsored

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

You're laughably wrong here. What 4 cylinder Honda has more torque at 2k? Maybe the CTR? I'm sure none of the older K series engines had more low end.

2k? I think you need a V8. This is a 1.5L and it does great... I'm not sure what you expect. Compare this dyno to an N/A k20. .

SI_DYNO_large.png
This guy is right, name another 1.5L (not even considering the MAPerformance or TSP tune numbers) that comes close. You are comparing against chevy malibu dude lol.

Lastly, I respect your opinion, but gutless before 2k vs gutless before 4k in an Evo X would make you think this is a useable-power-lover's dream.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
For almost all of these I just think to myself, yea that'd be nice, buuuut I bought this car because of the incredible value. If Honda included a spare tire then I would have had to pay several hundreds for it. Instead, I pay $5 every 6 months for emergency roadside assistance (which I’ve used twice in the last 6 months btw). Just like the dealer mats, you can always find it for better / cheaper yourself.

For me, there are a few aesthetic things Honda could do that wouldn’t jack the price.
-make the chrome window trim black
-redesign rear sedan vents (although I really don’t mind them on my modern steel)
-replace faux carbon fiber (maybe piano black?)

There are definitely other things on my wishlist (more responsive HUD, better exhaust note, etc.) but if you’re going to buy a civic you need to accept it for what it is and isn’t.
$5 every six months for roadside assistance sounds like a really good value but how do they help you with a flat tire that can not be fixed with the sealant repair kit?

Reactions: JMM

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. Engine noise and vibration, I know it's very common for 4 cylinder turbo, but the 5 cylinder engine in my Jetta is just much smoother and has much better engine sound than the si. And, stock si doesn't feel faster than the Jetta even though it is faster for sure

2. No spare tire, again, my Jetta has a full-size spare which saved my road trip once.

3. The head unit is way too slow, just can't believe Honda has been using it for so many years without upgrades.

4. Very soft and thin metal sheets.

5. Steering wheel feels numb, again, the steering wheel in my Jetta (not sure if it's the same for other older VW) is heavier than si in sport! and has more road feedback

6. Rev hang.

7. Stereo don't have any bass
........ Did you consider buying a GTI or a GLI before buying the SI? I really liked the SI that I tried out the other day but I don't know if I want a car without a spare tire and the weak paint issues kind of scare me too.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the only things I hate about my Civic SI, are the Chrome window frames and the fake vents, which are both somewhat easy to fix or replace. Other than that I love my Civic SI.
How can you fix the fake vents?

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My old back up car is a '08 Jetta S and love it. I got it brand new and have over 289k on it.

It has a lot of driver feedback on the steering and nice stock exhaust with that German Rumble.

The only thing I dislike was the cheap aftermarket rims I installed earlier this year. There is a slight vibration even with hub centric rings.

The SI is much quicker though, but the Jetta was much faster than my old '15 Hyundai Elantra Sport.
Did you consider or compare the GTI or GLI before buying the SI? Or anything else?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
........ Did you consider buying a GTI or a GLI before buying the SI? I really liked the SI that I tried out the other day but I don't know if I want a car without a spare tire and the weak paint issues kind of scare me too.
fyi all new cars have the shitty paint

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
This is a small irritant, but when I use Google Maps on Android Auto the turn-by-turn navigation hijacks my dashboard display, and I can't turn it off or override it. I love having gas mileage / trip meter / whatever on that screen in front of me, and don't need turn-by-turn when Maps is also on the main display screen. Apparently other civics have the option to turn it off, but my 2020 Si does not.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a small irritant, but when I use Google Maps on Android Auto the turn-by-turn navigation hijacks my dashboard display, and I can't turn it off or override it. I love having gas mileage / trip meter / whatever on that screen in front of me, and don't need turn-by-turn when Maps is also on the main display screen. Apparently other civics have the option to turn it off, but my 2020 Si does not.
maybe its a android thing? i dont have that issue with my apple

Reactions: mjh

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really mind it. With andriod auto on a 2019, it only pops up when you're getting close to a turn and then after you take the turn, the display goes back to whatever you had showing before. I'm sure you can go a minute without know what your instantaneous fuel consumption is :rolleyes:

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I don't really mind it. With andriod auto on a 2019, it only pops up when you're getting close to a turn and then after you take the turn, the display goes back to whatever you had showing before. I'm sure you can go a minute without know what your instantaneous fuel consumption is :rolleyes:
If you live in the suburbs, and you're turning every mile or so, it means that the turn-by-turn is basically always on, and it's a PITA. It's completely unnecessary to have turn-by-turn taking over your dash when it's already on the screen. I like maps on to keep an eye on traffic and alternate routes, but that means it's taking over my dash too. In the grand scheme of things it's not a huge deal, but it's a little daily annoyance.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Did you consider or compare the GTI or GLI before buying the SI? Or anything else?
Wanted a Sedan so GTI was out of the question. Would have considered a '19 New GLI if it came out sooner. Only issue with European is that parts and labor get pricey. FYI I was trying to surprise my wife with a '19 Tornado Red GLI. Dealer could not work out a good Lease Rate and surprised her with a Mini Cooper S.

hogar_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jetta 2.5 2019 Civic si
Country flag
Not really, because the depreciation of VW is too bad:(, I bought the spare tire kit and tire online for my si, it cost me 300 bucks, so .. not a big deal, but do lose some cargo space.
Sponsored

Reactions: mjh