Spotting other Civic owners on the road

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Caught another LSM EX-T in the wild today. This time the driver saw me while I was waiting to pull into traffic. He drove past and sorta looked over. No wave or nod. Oh well. Silver Civics are populating like rabbits around me. I've only seen 1 Aegean Blue. A couple of cosmic blues. 1 white orchid pearl. And very rare: 1 EG coupe.

Geez, I sort of sound like I'm playing Pokemon Go!

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I see them coming from the opposite direction they always seem to want to fly by me. Civic owners always in a rush :-/
Civic owners are valuable people with important things to do. Got places to be, things to do, people to see. Great hustlers choose great cars.

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T and 2016 Acura TLX Base
I saw someone in a white EX-T/EX-L today, gave a friendly flash of the brights and a wave, dude flips me off. Fine, fuck you too bud, we're no longer penpals. :dunno:

People literally don't know what car they drive. Or don't care.

And yeah, there's a lot more bitchiness/general rudeness on the road vs. 3-5 years ago. Dunno why, but something's changed.
Sorry it is the result of mr. change.:crazy:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw a guy in a CivicX the other day in my area at a stoplight, so I pulled up next to him and waved (probably a bit more enthusiastically than I should have...) and he waved back very confused like, lol. I don't think he reciprocated my excitement...so I went on my merry way. That was like one of 3 I've seen in the area since I bought the car, so I was excited dude!
I still get a little giggity giggity goo feeling inside of me every time I see one, but sadly that feeling is waning. Seeing quite a few around lately.

When I see them coming from the opposite direction they always seem to want to fly by me. Civic owners always in a rush :-/
Who can blame 'em with dat turbo though :) :drive:

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
Very few people have passion for their cars. Most people treat their cars like we treat our ovens. It's just an appliance to them. I never acknowledge other Civic drivers because I know they're probably not interested in commradery.

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I still get a little giggity giggity goo feeling inside of me every time I see one, but sadly that feeling is waning. Seeing quite a few around lately.
There aren't many around here...too many people need 8 passenger vans for all the people that have 6+ kids! :D

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This topic made me decide to finally register and make a post!

I don't know which sort of "enthusiast" I count as. I can't see myself driving anything other than a manual Civic - started with an 83, moved up to a 2015, and am thinking of trading it in for next year's Si - but my "car guy" knowledge is pretty elementary. I've gotten decent at identifying other Hondas and get a little giddy every time I see the ass end of one of those sweet-looking 2016 Civics.

I think the only time I've ever gotten a Civic fistbump on the road was during a red light, back when I was driving the 83, and some guy tapped his horn and gave me a thumb up. That stuck with me cause it was a great gesture. With that said, I'd probably be pretty irritated if someone did it while we were in normal traffic flow, unless maybe it were on a wide open road with nothing else going on. I live in Florida and am surrounded by complete morons on the road, so I'm already on high alert while driving; any erratic behavior like honking for attention just makes me think you're about to do something stupid.

WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
30,000+ civics are sold each month. There are probably less than 50 that are active on this site. That should give you an approximate ratio of civic owners who care about the civic.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My coworkers have one. I got super excited and even wanted to give them one of the little stickers I ordered for the button blanks. Then I realized I've never spoken to them the entire time I've been at my job then quickly threw that idea out and went back to just ignoring everyone as always.

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ex-L
Country flag
I saw the first one I could catch up to at night Friday. I saw it from behind and was disappointed at the big ass it portrayed (the 4 door). My friend affirmed later that it did look quite wide but that she thought I like big assess. I told her there are limits to my taste. I did get excited though.

BGMcD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Tourning
When I first got mine last November I would get very excited to see another one on the road. I have tried to pull up and look over but wouldn't wave unless the driver looked overs well. Now they are getting a bit more common so it does't bring that rush any more.

There was one place I went to where I saw one and very intentionally parked next to it. When the event was over the owner came out at the same time I did and we compared notes. That was fun.

I also have a friend who bought one a couple days before I got mine. We both got the same color. We were operating completely independently and it was just a coincidence. We have occasionally parked close to each other and accidentally started to go to the wrong car.

LimeyDi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.limeydi.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
I got my first Civic in 1973 - it was small and orange and I loved it. My last one was a distinguished dark green, had it for 14 years. Now I am wallowing in the luxury of owning a Burgundy Night Pearl EXL. I have had it since January and I can't say I have seen any others because when I'm driving I am watching out not for Civics but for loonies and speed freaks (and please, no cracks about New Jersey - it's the same in other States, trust me). (If I happen to be stopped at a light next to someone whose brake light is out, I try to tell them - did that twice so far and they appreciated it). My favorite thing is asking, "what color is my car?" 9 out of 10 say "black" unless there is bright sunshine in which case they can see the gorgeous sexy subtle deep eggplant/purple undertones ... and it reminds me of a Civic I had in the 80s which was "Camellia Rose Pearl" - that was gorgeous too. I live a lot of my life in my Civic so it is assuredly a source of pride and concern, not just a way of getting from A to B. My only beef (and I am not alone) is that there aren't enough apps available on Android Auto - the 3M Cloud Library, for example, where I can listen on long hauls to FREE books from my local library and other libraries. But oh those fabulous cream leather seats with the charcoal stripe ... Civic forever!!!

Last edited:

jpkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I saw a guy in a CivicX the other day in my area at a stoplight, so I pulled up next to him and waved (probably a bit more enthusiastically than I should have...) and he waved back very confused like, lol. I don't think he reciprocated my excitement...so I went on my merry way. That was like one of 3 I've seen in the area since I bought the car, so I was excited dude!

It was on the freeway for me...I had a huge grin and was waiving a little to enthusiastically too at another civic driver but I don't think he/she saw me. :)

If any of you see a girl in a cosmic blue one in the Portland OR/ Vancouver WA area waiving at you looking a little too happy, that's probably me. LOL

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Caught another LSM EX-T in the wild today. This time the driver saw me while I was waiting to pull into traffic. He drove past and sorta looked over. No wave or nod. Oh well. Silver Civics are populating like rabbits around me. I've only seen 1 Aegean Blue. A couple of cosmic blues. 1 white orchid pearl. And very rare: 1 EG coupe.

Geez, I sort of sound like I'm playing Pokemon Go!
Yup you've got to catch them all! Silver is like Pidgey, EG will be Charizard. What area are you in TX? I have WOP. I've only seen the new Civic about 5 times so far only white and silver color. But ever since the game came out, no one pays attention to my car anymore. They are too busy with their phone :(
Sponsored