Any other sedan owners getting water inside their trunk lid?

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just encountered a new problem after the last couple rainfalls this week. I'm getting water inside my trunk lid. Not inside the trunk but inside the actual door. This is the 2nd time this week that it's rained and when I open my trunk, I can hear water swishing around inside the lid. I have to open it all the way up and to let it start draining out through a crack. I can't figure it out what it is. The spoiler and the 2 parts of each taillight seem to be on there pretty tight
Sponsored

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Just encountered a new problem after the last couple rainfalls this week. I'm getting water inside my trunk lid. Not inside the trunk but inside the actual door. This is the 2nd time this week that it's rained and when I open my trunk, I can hear water swishing around inside the lid. I have to open it all the way up and to let it start draining out through a crack. I can't figure it out what it is. The spoiler and the 2 parts of each taillight seem to be on there pretty tight
Might be a defect in the body or some kind of crack/hole/etc. If I were you I would take it in to have it looked at.

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've since fixed it. Turns out it was the adhesive on the lip spoiler that was starting to give. I re-sealed it with polyurethane and it seems to have fixed the problem. Heavy rain all yesterday and no water in the lid

mumster

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Does it look like this? I’m at the dealer now they are saying this is the expected path so I asked if I’m supposed to open my trunk every time it rains. The water pools in there if I don’t open it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any other sedan owners getting water inside their trunk lid? A2DA742B-2F82-4F26-B963-FF8609338C37

bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Does it look like this? I’m at the dealer now they are saying this is the expected path so I asked if I’m supposed to open my trunk every time it rains. The water pools in there if I don’t open it.

A2DA742B-2F82-4F26-B963-FF8609338C37.png
yo man, is your picture sideway? lol

mumster

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
yo man, is your picture sideway? lol
Yup it is lol. The dealer ordered a whole bunch of parts after testing another car. We will see what happens.

quadna71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring sedan
Country flag
Any updates on your leak? Mine is doing the same - if parked outside during average to above average rainfall it will appear to collect water inside the panel itself. I can't tell where it's getting in, but maybe someplace on the right side since it seems to accumulate on that side and then leak out of that corner when you open the trunk. Just annoying now but I don't want wiring or rust issues down the road.

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been over a year since I fixed it with the polyurethane and it's still holding up. If it starts leaking again I'll probably do the same repair since its lasted so long

cmaro

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Yup it is lol. The dealer ordered a whole bunch of parts after testing another car. We will see what happens.
Did the dealer end up fixing it? Did the warranty cover it? My trunk lid collects water as well. I live in Illinois and I'm worried that water could freeze and expand, causing damage. The one time I brought this up to the dealer I was told it was an intentional design, which I don't buy.

edbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future SI Owner
Country flag
Same problem here, thinking of going to the dealer. Don't want to have a rusted out trunk lid a few years down the road. Anyone have luck with their dealer, or should I just do it myself?

legitness_fc1civic

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
I've since fixed it. Turns out it was the adhesive on the lip spoiler that was starting to give. I re-sealed it with polyurethane and it seems to have fixed the problem. Heavy rain all yesterday and no water in the lid
Any tips on how to drain the trunk lid ? I guess I could unbolt the whole lid and let water tip to one side so it could drip out all day?
Sponsored