any other tall Civic owners?

darthjes

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 HB Sport
I'm only 5'5 and I fit perfectly in the sport hatch lol. My 6'3 boyfriend and 6'6 brother fit in comfortably. Actually had my brother in the back seat the other day (with passenger seat moved forward) he honestly fit although his hair touched the roof.
Sponsored

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
6'2", 32" inseam (I think), and I've always fit into my Civics. The second seat I try in the showroom is the back, and I haven't been disappointed by the hatchback (the coupe is a little tight).

My seat settings -

- The front of the bottom cushion all the way up to support my thighs (one of the power adjustments);
- The back ("butt") of the bottom cushion not all the way down, because it goes so low that I can't see the hood. I don't like feeling like I'm riding in a tub, so I raise it up just enough to see the tops of the fenders.
- The bottom not quite slid all the way back, because:
- I've got the steering wheel extended towards me as far as it'll go, and...
- The seatback angled upright enough to hold me all the way up to my shoulders while letting my wrist easily reach the top of the wheel, ... but not TOO upright, because...
- The non-adjustable headrest is angled so far forward that, if I angle the seatback as far upright as I prefer, the headrest pushes my head forward and my face aims at the steering wheel instead of out the windshield.

So, basically, I set up the seat top-down, based on being able to (1) look straight out the windshield and (2) easily reach the steering wheel while simultaneously (3) maintaining relaxed contact with the seatback all the way up to my shoulder blades.
6'2", 32" inseam (I think), and I've always fit into my Civics. The second seat I try in the showroom is the back, and I haven't been disappointed by the hatchback (the coupe is a little tight).

My seat settings -

- The front of the bottom cushion all the way up to support my thighs (one of the power adjustments);
- The back ("butt") of the bottom cushion not all the way down, because it goes so low that I can't see the hood. I don't like feeling like I'm riding in a tub, so I raise it up just enough to see the tops of the fenders.
- The bottom not quite slid all the way back, because:
- I've got the steering wheel extended towards me as far as it'll go, and...
- The seatback angled upright enough to hold me all the way up to my shoulders while letting my wrist easily reach the top of the wheel, ... but not TOO upright, because...
- The non-adjustable headrest is angled so far forward that, if I angle the seatback as far upright as I prefer, the headrest pushes my head forward and my face aims at the steering wheel instead of out the windshield.

So, basically, I set up the seat top-down, based on being able to (1) look straight out the windshield and (2) easily reach the steering wheel while simultaneously (3) maintaining relaxed contact with the seatback all the way up to my shoulder blades.

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
I was uncomfortable as well driving, I felt my head could not go back in a natural position because of the head restraint. As I was driving I pulled it off and threw it on the passenger seat. When I got home I realized there are notches on both posts. It is reversible. The back side has less cushion than the front side. Much better driving position for me.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I was uncomfortable as well driving, I felt my head could not go back in a natural position because of the head restraint. As I was driving I pulled it off and threw it on the passenger seat. When I got home I realized there are notches on both posts. It is reversible. The back side has less cushion than the front side. Much better driving position for me.
Yeah, I'm thinking of trying the reversed-head-restraint trick again, too. I don't think it's designed to be used backwards; as you noticed, it's got less cushion, and I think it's oriented to prevent whiplash. But when it's installed as intended, I sure have to lean back father than I'm accustomed to, too.

BlackStud525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L 9th gen
Country flag
For all you big guys im only 5'9 but i have a thick wide back and thighs i notice the hatchback does not hug me as much as my 9th gen.

cberau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
6'7" 38x36 255lbs - I fit perfectly with the seat all the way down. Sometimes I have the seat even a few notches forward and I'm still fine, I don't recline back, and people can fit behind me. I can fit in the back seat and passenger seat with no problems. Definitely more comfortable than my old focus st.

LKN

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Country flag
6'3" and I don't even have to put the seat all the way back

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I'm exactly 6' tall. I have a 2017 Civic EX-T coupe (with a moon-roof, which means it has 1.7" less headroom than models without a moon-roof). A couple weeks ago I drove from northern Ohio to the Florida Keys and back. I had no problems at all with head room or leg room. I do use a lumbar cushion for additional lower back support, but I did that in all my previous cars too, not just this one. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give my coupe 8.5 for overall comfort during this long road trip.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Trying to decide between an Si sedan and a Sport hatchback. Headroom in the Si, with it's sunroof, concerns me, as I'll be autocrossing in it, with a helmet on. My 2008 Si sedan already gives me problems, and I'm only like 5' 11.5", but I do have a longer torso and like to sit upright. Any personal input on this would be great, before I test drive both.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Trying to decide between an Si sedan and a Sport hatchback. Headroom in the Si, with it's sunroof, concerns me, as I'll be autocrossing in it, with a helmet on. My 2008 Si sedan already gives me problems, and I'm only like 5' 11.5", but I do have a longer torso and like to sit upright. Any personal input on this would be great, before I test drive both.
There's one person whsoe 6'4 and drives the new Si. He said he has about an inch of extra headroom available

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Take your helmet on the test drive, even if you just try the helmet in the parking lot. You'll find out pretty quick for sure.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm 6'... very comfortable.. however no one can seat behind me taller than 5' lol , but my wife who is 5' comfortable I feel comfortable as well the only issue is getting out of it... I seat pretty low so I always think my car is slammed :D
Sponsored