Any other Touring owners getting flashed by other drivers?

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I agree with this, that close to the lights is a mostly useless test, you don't need good lights for stuff 5 feet away from you. Tests from 20-75 feet away would be more useful. Also, the "garage door" test mostly shows the pattern directly in front of you, while one of the best parts of the Civic LEDs is how they light up the entire road not just in front but also to the sides. I find the Civic LEDs to be amazing from a driver standpoint.
Not really useless, you can learn a lot from headlight pattern. Just from that picture you can tell why people are getting flashed by on coming traffic. Those couple inches on the driver side that is curving up becomes couple feet when it's +100ft away. This is a safety hazard for other drivers. Temporarily blinding someone can cause an accident. When aiming headlights the rest of the light should be lower then the center of the light beam. The driver side squirrel spotter looks like it has a bad reflector as they don't look like it normally would like the passenger side. Led reflector headlights are new to Honda. Acura jewel eyes and last gen accord are led projectors. If there's a bad reflector it should be fix for the safety of other drivers.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got flashed for the first time this morning. It was the friendly reminder type, so I didn't flash back.

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got flashed again tonight. By a 9th gen Civic. Wasnt sure if he was saying "nice car" or "turn your ****ing highbeams off". Regardless this is getting kind of frustrating. Eventually a cop coming the other way isnt going to like it...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Metallic Civic Touring
Country flag
Never had the first flash and have had the car since the first of the year. Great lights!

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Got flashed again tonight. By a 9th gen Civic. Wasnt sure if he was saying "nice car" or "turn your ****ing highbeams off". Regardless this is getting kind of frustrating. Eventually a cop coming the other way isnt going to like it...
I know the feeling, just waiting to pass a cop then getting pulled over for something as simple as they thought I had my brights on

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Just from that picture you can tell why people are getting flashed by on coming traffic. Those couple inches on the driver side that is curving up becomes couple feet when it's +100ft away.
No you can't because we don't know a) if the car is level and surface to the garage door is flat--most driveways slope at least a little to carry water away from the house, b) what the height of that cutoff line is with any precision nor how it compares to the height of the headlight extended centerline, so angle can't be inferred. For the reason you cite, not knowing these things or controlling for them makes all the difference here.

I think people are getting flashed because these are very bright lights compared to most so people think they on high beam, not because they are aiming glare into oncoming driver's eyes.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic

Arkbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
I don't have the touring but I installed HID lights in the projector housing. Makes a nice beam that's pretty straight and level but I've had one guy flash me when I was going up a slight incline and he was coming from the opposite direction. No one else has had a problem with my lights that I've noticed.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay, so has anyone flashed someone else, i.e. to pass on a highway? I've done it twice now, both times at night...and people begin to hit the brakes and pull over like they're seeing police lights. Just an odd observation...

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there was an interesting report out this morning on the Today Show about headlights. Worth checking out. I think it originated from Consumer Reports. The best lights out there are on the Honda Accord - halogen - you can see 368 feet where in some high end models you can only see 160 feet. Pretty enlightening (sorry about the bad pun)
http://www.today.com/video/study-your-headlights-don-t-work-as-well-as-they-should-654942275859
You mean the best are on the Prius? lol that's crazy about the 3 series 160ft rediculous!

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Okay, so has anyone flashed someone else, i.e. to pass on a highway? I've done it twice now, both times at night...and people begin to hit the brakes and pull over like they're seeing police lights. Just an odd observation...
I think most people in this thread are talking about oncoming cars flashing them, trying to tell them their hi-beams are on, or in complaint like against trucks or BMW's that their lights are blinding them.

when flashing your lights from behind in the fast lane, the problem is most drivers don't know that it's supposed to be a friendly notice so that they see you behind them. People either think it means that there's a cop behind and to slow down, or they think you are somehow a douche for asking them to pull over and get super belligerent.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd like to see you get a picture next time. Please. We would all benefit from that.:nixon:

Oh yeah, I've gotten flashed a couple times. One guy kept them on until I "shut mine off". So I just turned mine on until he turned his off, which was maybe a second or two, probably because they were so damn bright.

The other time I was flashed when driving by someone. I almost threw up....:puke:

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got flashed by someone in a 2015-16 Corolla a couple weeks back. It kinda pissed me off since those newer Corollas have the most blinding lowbeams on the road.

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Rallye Red
Every weekend I drive a 40 mile stretch of two lane highway that has some straight stretches 5+ miles long. Every trip, I get flashed at least once. The LEDs definitely reach out further than any other vehicle I have ever owned, but it is by far been easier on the eyes driving at night in this car than any other. The headlight height is set correct, but when the on coming car is over 150 yards out and you gover a bump or a dip, they are going to think you hit your brights. I've gone past a 100 cops and never got pulled over. In the end, I have had enough cars with improperly aimed aftermarket HIDs blind me on the road, and I could care less what others think.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've gotten flashed twice in the nearly 8 months I've had it. Once was a friendly reminder which I responded to with a friendly imparting of knowledge that those weren't my brights. The other was the guy that keeps his high beams on until I turn mine off, at which point I turned my high beams on and he succumbed to death by solar flare.
Sponsored