2.0L Should I go with an intake kit or drop in filter?

corvet786c

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
So was this question answered, Should I just add a k/n filter, I always had one, I think it will still lean out the factory tune some.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
So was this question answered, Should I just add a k/n filter, I always had one, I think it will still lean out the factory tune some.
I went ahead with keeping the stock airbox and putting in a K&N filter. Not really any noticeable gains from it but oh well. Still better than shelling out for the CAI system that doesn't do much.

corvet786c

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I thought I read that if you unhook the neg battery for a few seconds, then hook it back up the computer will relearn, any truth to this, or just put the new filter in?

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
I thought I read that if you unhook the neg battery for a few seconds, then hook it back up the computer will relearn, any truth to this, or just put the new filter in?
it'll "relearn" (Long Term Fuel Trims) regardless of unhooking the battery, from what I understand. It's like a rolling average of your short term fuel trims

Locksedan

First Name
Lock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic lx sedan
Country flag
Installed a K&N drop in filter today. The 2.0 in the lx reacts very well to these cheap mod. Heres a sound difference:

lfromsalem

First Name
Ellis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 EX Sedan
Country flag
I also run the K&N drop in filter. Only bought it because I found it cheap. Of course I don't notice any power differences but, it does sound a bit better. Especially at initial throttle engagement.

Honda Civic 10th gen Should I go with an intake kit or drop in filter? IMG_20190128_153454

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using a Mishimoto silicone intake hose/AEM Dryflow filter combo along with my Ktuner. It's good enough. :)

I've used K&N's in the past and they're good but I think the dry ones filter better, are easier to clean and no over-oiling worries.
Sponsored