Rooted Stock headunit- What's your setup (apps)

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Just plug a mini SNES into the HDMI port like I did.
IMAG2068.jpg
I really wish the USDM model retained the HDMI port. Instead I have to consider mounting yet another display.....

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Can you get the youtube app to add an account?

I installed this one yesterday but when I try to add my account it doesn't do anything
doubt it. Not using the official youtube app. Could try using the mobile version of youtube through the browser to sign in, but the 3rd party youtube player app provided by HondaHack works fine and isn't showing me ads. I have a youtube red account, but no reason to use it in the car.

equlizer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv lx
The only emulators so far that work are John nes and John SNES with wired controllers. I have 3 and only 1 worked on it. Its the C8 wired/wireless/bluetooth gamepad. Bluetooth will not see the gamepad. I drive a 2017 crv btw.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody try to pair a Bluetooth controller to the head unit? I'd love to do an SNES emulator for my copilot on long trips.
Did you ever find anything on this? I've been wanting to do this as well or figure out how to get the mini NES working..

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Can you get the youtube app to add an account?

I installed this one yesterday but when I try to add my account it doesn't do anything
Is the app slow? Wanted to install it later.

I wouldn't want to add my gmail credentials to a possibly edited application. Doesn't seem safe to me.

carrsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2017 Civic EX-L, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Is the app slow? Wanted to install it later.

I wouldn't want to add my gmail credentials to a possibly edited application. Doesn't seem safe to me.
You have to install the Google Account Manager that is in Honda Hack to add an account to youtube.

equlizer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv lx
Did you ever find anything on this? I've been wanting to do this as well or figure out how to get the mini NES working..
Bluetooth gamepads or OBD2 scanners will not work with this head unit. Wifi obd2 will work and wired/wifi gamepads will work. see my post above.

max8176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I used the latest wifi rooting method to install HondaHack. This version comes with Google maps which I installed. Have a couple of questions:
1.) How do you make the navigation voice instructions play over music from radio, bluetooth, etc.? Every time the voice instructions come on it will switch the media output to 'APP' from other sources.
2.) How do you download offline maps and save to a USB stick in the center console?

equlizer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv lx
There is no way around it for now. Just push the down arrow to get back to radio. Not sure why it switches over to ipod to voice instructions or warnings. Maybe its a bug in the hack?

max8176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
There is no way around it for now. Just push the down arrow to get back to radio. Not sure why it switches over to ipod to voice instructions or warnings. Maybe its a bug in the hack?
I think it is because this is an older version in compare to the Waze version. I think someone mentioned in Waze there is an option that let instruction over bluetooth. No this function in this version of google maps. But it is in new version of google maps on my phone.