What's your firmware version?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
After two trips to the dealer they finally got it through thier thick skulls that there was in fact a firmware update available for my touring.
Moved me up to March 2016 from Oct 2015.

Wondering if anyone has newer firmware installed in their Touring.

Generally this build feels a bit more stable, but it's tough to tell with the iOS compatibility issues cropping up.

One change I did notice is that Siri doesn't get cut off if you're making a right turn.

If you're not sure how to see your firmware.
Swipe down from the top of your screen.
Tap the settings icon.
Scroll down to about.
You'll find the info at the bottom.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your firmware version? IMG_0257.JPG
Sponsored

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
Touring coupe built 9/16, bought 10/14/16, Ver 1.F190.19, may have had a change at dealer relative to a recent recall, after arrival, before purchase, not sure.

While I don't doubt any manufacturer wants to keep costs down, I would think any known problems that can be fixed via fairly easily through software alone will be. However, Honda probably waits and bundles them into a software build that they need to do, e.g. a safety issue or major problem experienced by many owners, like the recent parking brake issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Touring coupe built 9/16, bought 10/14/16, Ver 1.F190.19, may have had a change at dealer relative to a recent recall, after arrival, before purchase, not sure.

While I don't doubt any manufacturer wants to keep costs down, I would think any known problems that can be fixed via fairly easily through software alone will be. However, Honda probably waits and bundles them into a software build that they need to do, e.g. a safety issue or major problem experienced by many owners, like the recent parking brake issue.
It's been a year.
There have been two official updates. And some newer versions of the software as the car has continued to be produced.
Draw your own conclusions.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Honda is reluctant to pay the dealers to update your car everytime an incremental update comes out.

YOU HAVE TO B?TCH YOUR CONCERNS, and grease that wheel to get them. 1.F190.19 is the latest, but Honda considers this incremental, so they are not pushing it. You have to with your dealer.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
EX-T built in July 2016 here, have 1.F186.69 just like OP. Have yet to experience any issues (though I'm an Android user and thus use Android Auto instead of CarPlay).

hondaguy6ix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring (CBP), 2014 MDX SH-AWD Tech (CBP)
Picked up my Touring sedan yesterday and this is my version

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your firmware version? IMG_6423.JPG

Last edited:

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Picked up my Touring sedan yesterday and this is my version

IMG_6423.JPG
Interesting that the model number is "MY16ADA". I would guess that stands for "Model Year 2016" even though your car is a 2017.

hondaguy6ix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring (CBP), 2014 MDX SH-AWD Tech (CBP)
Yeah I'm guessing the same thing. I don't think there were any significant changes (if any) between 2016 and 2017.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Bought my Touring in March, January 2016 build date. I've asked the dealership three times to update, and each time nothing. I will be pushing it much harder next time.

I wonder how many versions old mine is? Does anyone more knowledgeable know what would've changed in the update since the one I'm running?

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your firmware version? IMG_6300.JPG
Sponsored