What's your firmware version?

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Bought my Touring in March, January 2016 build date. I've asked the dealership three times to update, and each time nothing. I will be pushing it much harder next time.

I wonder how many versions old mine is? Does anyone more knowledgeable know what would've changed in the update since the one I'm running?

IMG_6300.JPG

Update: my entire head unit got replaced under warranty when they replicated the blinking green screen of death.

I brought it in for the firmware update, and they told me it was up to date, despite me showing photos otherwise. They then said changing the head unit should take care of both issues.

Well I'm here to tell you it did. It indeed updates the firmware version, but it's still well behind what most of you are running.

I thought for awhile that those running the latest number were 17 owners only and that perhaps they stopped updating the 16's firmware. I don't know that that is the case.

I honestly have tried at two different dealerships to get a firmware update and had zero luck. SO frustrating.

Also, having to redo all my settings for the replaced head unit sucked. Though I am grateful they replaced it.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your firmware version? IMG_6377.JPG
Sponsored

Truckin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thank you for keeping us updated! This really is my biggest issue with the car.....otherwise I love it!

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thank you for keeping us updated! This really is my biggest issue with the car.....otherwise I love it!
You bet. It's not a deal breaker for me, but if there's a newer version out there, I'd like it based on principle. Hell, at this point I'd even pay for it.

First_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EXL Lunar SIlver
Country flag
Are the 17 CivicX owners encountering any issues with infotainment? Also, are the firmware updates solely for bug issues?

ravidavi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual Sedan
Country flag
Are the 17 CivicX owners encountering any issues with infotainment? Also, are the firmware updates solely for bug issues?
No problems with my infotainment here, '17 EX-T MT. I'm using Android Auto from my Nexus 5x, and the only issues I've had have been related to AA itself, not the Civic's fault. Things like "OK Google ..." not finding a radio station. I did notice that there's a setting to reboot the entire system every morning, which I have enabled and probably does help stability.

If I had to complain about the infotainment, it would be the Civic's own phonebook that syncs with my phone's contacts over bluetooth (unrelated to AA). It requires that contact phone numbers be in "+1 xxx-xxx-xxxx" format or it doesn't link an incoming call to a name. That's pretty dumb, but I use AA all the time anyway so it doesn't affect me.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
No problems with my infotainment here, '17 EX-T MT. I'm using Android Auto from my Nexus 5x, and the only issues I've had have been related to AA itself, not the Civic's fault. Things like "OK Google ..." not finding a radio station. I did notice that there's a setting to reboot the entire system every morning, which I have enabled and probably does help stability.

If I had to complain about the infotainment, it would be the Civic's own phonebook that syncs with my phone's contacts over bluetooth (unrelated to AA). It requires that contact phone numbers be in "+1 xxx-xxx-xxxx" format or it doesn't link an incoming call to a name. That's pretty dumb, but I use AA all the time anyway so it doesn't affect me.
hmmm, is that format all numbers have to be in?? I couldn't figure it out, but drives me crazy that sometimes it lists contacts as names and some as just numbers...

ravidavi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual Sedan
Country flag
hmmm, is that format all numbers have to be in?? I couldn't figure it out, but drives me crazy that sometimes it lists contacts as names and some as just numbers...
As best as I can tell, and from a bunch of websearches, yes. It's very specific, plus undocumented as far as I can tell, which is a terrible way to develop software. I had to use an app (I used Twitch2) to convert all my google contact phone numbers to that format.

Drives me crazy too, which is just another reason to use AA/CP instead of the manufacturer's own infotainment. :)

ribeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX 2016
I bought my Civic EX 2016 in January, and it was Ver.1.F183.52. Today I took my car to the dealership to deal with responsiveness issues (and streaming audio lag). They updated my software to deal with "bluetooth connectivity issues", and they said they updated me to the latest available software. I noticed that the interface looks more like Android (see below), whereas before when it was Ver.1.F183.52 it was previously just a plain screen like others have posted here. Also, I recently rented a Hyundai Sonata 2016, and took a screenshot of their firmware version (2nd picture below).

I've only tested 1.F186.69 for a little bit, but it feels more responsive and I haven't noticed any audio lag. I was navigating in Google Maps while streaming from Pandora, and then iHeartRadio. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5. Will post an update if anything changes. Thanks for creating this thread.
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your firmware version? 20161210_AndroidAuto_Civic2016
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your firmware version? 20161205_AndroidAuto_Sonata2016

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
my 16 civic has the update to radio and i still sometime have lag and my Bluetooth will drop out randomly when in calls and i be forced to be on speaker phone :(

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Received a call from my Honda corp. case manager last week, he says a software update is coming out mid to late January 2017. Hopefully it will fix all the glitches I've been experiencing. Crossing fingers.

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
Received a call from my Honda corp. case manager last week, he says a software update is coming out mid to late January 2017. Hopefully it will fix all the glitches I've been experiencing. Crossing fingers.
i hope so this only thing i get annoyed about on this car is radio crap

Truckin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Really? WOW! I could never get a straight answer from Honda on this subject; so, if you were provided with an actual timeframe on the release that's great! Now, whether or not this holds true is something we will just have to wait and see I suppose.

Dahookup29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
No one figure out how to download the latest software from their car, then upload it so we can get it? Instead of going to the dealership

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Great news! Fingers crossed as well.

Question...how did get a case manager? What number did you call to report the issues you are seeing? Thinking more of us with "radio" issues should get in on this too just to make sure all issues are looked at. Would hate for this "proposed" update to come out and still have issues. With that said, it seems like many of the issues we all are having are well documented and maybe more importantly, easily reproducible.

RC

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Great news! Fingers crossed as well.

Question...how did get a case manager? What number did you call to report the issues you are seeing? Thinking more of us with "radio" issues should get in on this too just to make sure all issues are looked at. Would hate for this "proposed" update to come out and still have issues. With that said, it seems like many of the issues we all are having are well documented and maybe more importantly, easily reproducible.

RC
Call Honda at 1-800-999-1009, that's where I initiated my first complaint. I was issued a case number and assigned a case manager. I described each infotainment issue I've been experiencing in detail, both with my dealer and Honda case manager. I've even met with in person the service manger at my dealer and Honda regional parts and service manager. This has been ongoing for months now. I hope this is fixed in January as promised. The car looks great, is fun to drive, and handles well, but the infotainment issues make the car a disappointment.
Sponsored