RunRiot_FK7

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EX Hatch, 17 Chevy SS 6MT, 15 Lexus RCF
Country flag
Since Im driving up to Denver and it should be snowing, would it be a smart idea to get snow tire chains?
Safety for my girlfriend and I is the most important obviously but I'm trying to make sure we both make it to and from Denver lol
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Being a newbe, even with DWSs, plan around snow or worse. Forget the chains unless you're planning on being in the backwoods alone. Unless you're time, $$$, or weather limited break the trip up into 2+ days each way and check out the scenery (Garden of the Gods is a +1 but only if its fairly warm and dry (outdoors and cliff dwellings)).

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shocked no one said fire extinguisher, I keep a fairly large (bigger than your average household extinguisher) one in my trunk. Might need it yourself or better yet someone may be in need of one like witnessing an accident, you never know.

koelek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Going on a road trip is always exciting, and it's awesome that you're planning ahead. With your 2018 EX Hatchback, it's a good idea to give it a thorough inspection before hitting the road.

shiva57

First Name
shiva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
There are a few things you could do to prepare your car. First, ensure you get a full inspection by a trusted mechanic to ensure everything is in good condition. Also, pack some emergency supplies, such as a first-aid kit, a flashlight, and a spare tire.
Take it slow and steady when driving in snowy conditions, and avoid sudden turns or stops.
Consider staying at the Novotel Surfers Paradise in Australia and type "accommodation near me" for more info. It looks like a beautiful and luxurious place to stay with plenty of amenities.

Last edited:

dawiid777

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 2019
Country flag
Checking tire pressure, oil level, brakes, and ensuring your windshield wipers are in good condition will help ensure a smooth journey. Don't forget to pack some essentials like water, snacks, and a first aid kit too!

When it comes to driving in snowy conditions, taking it slow and being cautious is key. If you're not comfortable driving in the snow, considering business class flights to Denver and renting a car there could be a great alternative. Safety should always be the priority.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, and make the most of your vacation! If you're looking for some romantic things to do in New York, you might find this link helpful: https://www.getyourguide.com/travel-guides/romantic-things-to-do-in-new-york-for-couples/. It could provide some inspiration for memorable experiences along your journey.

Last edited:

UmaruIbrahim

First Name
Umaru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Country flag
First things first, make sure to bring your sense of adventure and curiosity. I love discovering new places too! Speaking of travel, during my trip to Germany last summer, I met some locals who suggested this awesome website for booking train tickets (https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/). It might come in handy for future travels!
Now, let's talk about your car. Your 2018 EX Hatchback sounds pretty decked out with all those mods! Before hitting the road, give your car a thorough check-up. Check tire pressure, and oil levels, and ensure all your lights are working. It's also a good idea to pack some essentials like jumper cables, a spare tire, and basic tools.
Since you mentioned little experience driving in the snow, keep an eye on the weather forecast. If there's a chance of snow along the way, consider equipping your car with snow tires for added safety. And remember, take it slow and steady if you encounter any snowy roads.

Last edited:

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Take a good shit and shower before long road trip. Then take piss right before leaving to make sure any unnecessary stops at first are avoided.

Tire pressure, oil and coolant level check always good.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys, this guy took that trip 18 months ago...
True. Wonder if the guy survived...

But, it's also good stuff in general to know before long road-trips. I frequently take trips in my Stinger and it's all things I either already take into account, or have learned from here and currently take into account.

Last major road trip I went from Memphis to West Lafayette and upon arriving there, one of my sparkplugs decided to start acting up. Thankfully I happened to have some spares on me and a local shop was able to fix me up. Next day, I find a small pool of oil under my car. Still don't know what caused it but I was able to top off my oil and be fine till the next change, but it helps to be prepared.
Sponsored