Road Trip MPG

MaineDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual, 2012 CR-V
Country flag
Took a week-long trip from Maine to Virginia, including the gorgeous Shenandoah National Park, Fredericksburg, Williamsburg, Mount Vernon, etc. Also stopped at Gettysburg, PA.

Took lots of back roads and two-lane scenic drives, so the trip was probably 50% Interstates.

Incredible mileage and range with my 2017 EX-T 6-Speed Manual, as you can see here:

Honda Civic 10th gen Road Trip MPG 050618 Speedo MPG
Sponsored

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took a week-long trip from Maine to Virginia, including the gorgeous Shenandoah National Park, Fredericksburg, Williamsburg, Mount Vernon, etc. Also stopped at Gettysburg, PA.

Took lots of back roads and two-lane scenic drives, so the trip was probably 50% Interstates.

Incredible mileage and range with my 2017 EX-T 6-Speed Manual, as you can see here:

050618 Speedo MPG.jpeg
Incredible MPG!!! P.S: If you can give me details road map for this trip, i'd be much obliged :D

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you really going to look up the topography of a random internet guys road trip?

Best I've eeked out was real-life 49mpg on a road trip with the cruise set at 70mpg. My dash always reads a consistent 2mpg higher than real-life. It's amazing that this car gets so much higher MPG than it's even rated for.

Last edited:

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Are you really going to look up the topography of a random internet guys road trip?

Best I've eeked out was real-life 49mpg on a road trip with the cruise set at 70mpg. My dash always reads a consistent 2mpg higher than real-life. It's amazing that this car gets so much higher MPG than it's even rated for.
Hehe I wish you could set the cruise to MPG (70 mpg would be awesome)! :p seriously though this car does get awesome mileage on the highway. But for stop and go traffic, it's hard not to get into boost.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hehe I wish you could set the cruise to MPG (70 mpg would be awesome)! :p seriously though this car does get awesome mileage on the highway. But for stop and go traffic, it's hard not to get into boost.
:rofl: Your Civic didn't come with the MPG knob? Odd.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Not the topography lol. I meant the direction for his road trip. I'm a fanatic when it comes to scenic route on long road trips.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not the topography lol. I meant the direction for his road trip. I'm a fanatic when it comes to scenic route on long road trips.
oh, I misunderstood lol. I actually didn't even see he posted all the locations he went.

I should learn to read more better :p

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im taking a road trip that will be about 2000 miles round trip in late june, cant wait to see how the mpg is with nothing but highway driving.

Any annoyances you guys have found after spending 8+ hours behind the wheel at a time?

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im taking a road trip that will be about 2000 miles round trip in late june, cant wait to see how the mpg is with nothing but highway driving.

Any annoyances you guys have found after spending 8+ hours behind the wheel at a time?
The seats get progressively more uncomfortable after 4-5 hours. I really enjoy the seats on my daily drive too. (about 1hr each way)

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The seats get progressively more uncomfortable after 4-5 hours. I really enjoy the seats on my daily drive too. (about 1hr each way)
Thats unfortunate ive thought the seats were real nice so far but i have about the same daily commute.

JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
If you sit in any seat that long without getting up you will start to feel uncomfortable. The EX-T seats are fine but I really want power seats

Wxguru

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring x2
Country flag
^^^THIS^^^
Drove 600 miles each way...C AR to Gatlinburg, TN and back in March a week after I bought my Sport Touring Hatchback (had 22 miles on it when I bought it). The seats by hour 4 or so....meh. Definitely needed to stretch. I was coming from a Crew Cab 4x4 pickup with captains chairs though. But the seats definitely get to being uncomfortable over time.

FYI, mpg RT averaged about 39...that was driving a consistent 72-78mph or so. At times it was over 40mpg. All of this was hand calculated. The onboard calculations on mine are also consistently about 2mpg off.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag

I drive about once a year to Utah (2000 miles each way) and to Dallas (over 800 miles). I like driving, so it doesn't bother me to drive even 13 hours (always with a meal stop).

The most annoying thing is sleepiness that sometimes gets me, because I usually don't sleep enough. To fully enjoy the drive it is important to sleep long enough not only just the day before driving, but several days. The seats may get uncomfortable, but periodic changing various angles* and pads help.

The single most revolutionary "hi tech" feature on my Civic is the auto high beams.* It's totally fantastic and works perfectly.
Additionally, the visibility in the headlights is excellent (at least the LEDS,* but I expect the regular ones are also good). Combined with auto high beams, these are the best headlights I ever had in any car for night driving.

Btw. As far as I'm concerned, UT, NM, CO have some of the most scenic roads. Around Banff in Canada is not too shabby too.:thumbsup:

*not available in all models
*if equipped

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Talk you me when you've added some miles... lol...

Honda Civic 10th gen Road Trip MPG 1-
Honda Civic 10th gen Road Trip MPG mileage-