Rear Window Tint and the CTR

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I know this has been covered extensively with the Civic hatch and having to remove a lot of pieces from the back (e.g., rear spoiler, wiper) in order to install the tint on the rear properly, but now the CTR comes with that wing! I'm a little bit worried...may just do the disassembly by myself when bringing in the CTR for a tint. Or, if it's able to be done without removing that wing, maybe it won't be that bad...but seems like most tint shops don't like working with Civic hatches and charge extra to disassemble and reassemble.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Window Tint and the CTR 55691CC8-57D8-43F6-B1BA-966C1B4F67EA_zps1mtupklm

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Window Tint and the CTR 588ce735d28e9_civhatch_zps22agwngp.jpg.9e6f0b5585ac954911da7eacde9d4a98

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
It's not hard to disassemble it. I would do it rather than a tint shop break clips or lose bolts.
I agree with him. Don't trust a shop unless you know them personally and trust them like a sibling.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it required to remove all of that to tint the back window? I'll be asking the dealership to install the tint before I drive it home and would hate to have to wait for the exterior to be removed to do it. If that's the only way to properly do it, then so be it. In TX back window on sedans can be as dark as we want and I wouldn't mind having it that way.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Good thing my shop has a computer cutter.:eek:

Hoping I can find a shop that will do it without disassembling.

Too bad we don't get factory tint on the rear glass like a lot of cars have from the factory.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Hoping I can find a shop that will do it without disassembling.

Too bad we don't get factory tint on the rear glass like a lot of cars have from the factory.
Just ask the shop if they have a cutter, it keeps razors from nicking the window edges.

OP
OP
youCTR

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Good thing my shop has a computer cutter.:eek:
Actually, doesn't matter if the shop has a cutter or not...the outside is not only used as a template for a free hand cut but also as the surface to 'shrink' the tint, meaning it's also conforming to the curvature of the glass before being installed onto the inside of the car

Last edited:

MrHomecoming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX S2000
Indirectly to this subject, but will be using Huper Optik Ceramic 30 or 40. What are you guys all going with?