Rear Window Tint and the CTR

vr4gasmtt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo 8
It'd be pretty cool if Honda created an auto tinting feature imbeded in the glass so you can adjust tint-ness levels on the fly. I think Audi has something like that in there upcoming higher end cars.

xavp1x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback
Country flag
just got my hatch tinted today. my tint guy didn't remover anything just installed the rear tint in two pieces.
the top all the way until where the spoiler splits then the bottom end. it came out great. I didn't want him removing the spoiler just
incase any clips broke. took him a little longer then expected but it worked out

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Indirectly to this subject, but will be using Huper Optik Ceramic 30 or 40. What are you guys all going with?
I'm going Ceramic. 20% on the back and 35 the rest of the car including the windshield.
just got my hatch tinted today. my tint guy didn't remover anything just installed the rear tint in two pieces.
the top all the way until where the spoiler splits then the bottom end. it came out great. I didn't want him removing the spoiler just
incase any clips broke. took him a little longer then expected but it worked out
I would only get one piece as I can't stand the line.

xavp1x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback
Country flag
I'm going Ceramic. 20% on the back and 35 the rest of the car including the windshield.

I would only get one piece as I can't stand the line.
theres actually no visible line cause he attached them right on the weather strip piece for that reason
looks one piece too me cant tell the difference but I get what you mean

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Nah fuck that they can use the inside as template they ain't disassembling shit on my type r dude I'll throw a fit
If the use the inside as a template, it won't be done the right way and you'll their an even bigger fit. They put baby powder on the window so it doesn't stick to the window from the static when cutting it on the outside. So you'd have that all over inside your car too. The right way to do it is to use the outside as a template.

Angry-cop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee, 04 4 Runner, 07 FZ1000, 17 Civic Type R
The tint shop near me Shades of Grey ordered a rear windshield from Honda so they can use to to line everything up. No need to remove anything.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The tint shop near me Shades of Grey ordered a rear windshield from Honda so they can use to to line everything up. No need to remove anything.
That shop name is Bad and Boujee :thumbsup:

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
The door windows are suppose to be 70% tint from factory? Is that also windshield and hatch window?

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
theres actually no visible line cause he attached them right on the weather strip piece for that reason
looks one piece too me cant tell the difference but I get what you mean
If you don't mind can you take a picture of your rear window tints and point out where the split is. Im getting my windows done and i what to run this option with them.

CTR298

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2007 s2000
Country flag
I would for sure recommend taking the rear trunk panels,spoiler and wiper blade off yourself if you can unless you truly know/trust the person that will be doing it. I had mine tinted last week and got home only to find out some of the bolts were loose and also the wiper blade cap washer was installed wrong

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I paid $400 for Suntek CR film for my current hatchback. Best ceramic tint I've installed on a car.
I'm paying $475 for 3M Crystalline this Thursday. I'll let you guys know what I think of it and the install when it's done!
Sponsored