CTR874
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cu2Tsx, type r
Country flag
Where'd you take the car? I'd be concerned that they didn't properly diagnose the issue... When I was talking to a tech at a dealer near me, he said there was an overrev code on one of the cars he fixed about a month ago so this could be thrown in conjunction with the failed harness/bypass code.
college park Honda i took the car on august 23.
Sponsored

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
IMG_1487.JPG
So I took the car to the dealer for check engine light they found 2 codes. Apparently they they just deleted them. Codes came back today again.
man that code p0219 is a rare one, ive only seen it once before in 6 years as a honda tech and it was on a 2005 civic that was also throwing throttle position codes. i remember because when you try to look up that code on honda iN it says no results found...as in no troubleshooting for the code itself. unless that particular codes happens to keep resetting i wouldn't worry about it. the p0035 code on the other hand is the code from the broken wires at the bypass valve if im not mistaken?? time for a new harness

Last edited:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
man that code p0219 is a rare one, ive only seen it once before in 6 years as a honda tech and it was on a 2005 civic that was also throwing throttle position codes. i remember because when you try to look up that code on honda iN it says no results found...as in no troubleshooting for the code itself. unless that particular codes happens to keep resetting i wouldn't worry about it. the p0035 code on the other hand is the code from the broken wires at the bypass valve if im not mistaken?? time for a new harness
Btw, do we know what VINs are affected with harness issues?

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Btw, do we know what VINs are affected with harness issues?
no sir there in no vin range or even a service bulletin at this point, and being our second one arrived with the updated harness im assuming they are, or at least Honda is acting as if they were all affected. as of right now no way to tell, if anything pops up i will gladly inform everybody :thumbsup:

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
A lot of the so call "master techs" are lazy fuck sometimes too...yours is an excellent example and I have a story to tell also...
In 2008, I had a Smart Car...almost 2 years later, I have about 73k miles on the odo, and my warranty expires at 75k miles. Check engine light came on one day, and the code read cylinder 3 misfires...Ok, 1 day later, I got called in saying my car is ready to go and they've replace the coil and it's all good now...fast forward 2 weeks, now my ODO is at 75.3K miles and the light came back on...guess what? same code, so I immediately call foul!!! I said "your master tech miss diagnose the problem couple of weeks ago, when I was still under warranty. Sure enough, a day later I got call that I have a bad cylinder 3...needless to say, they had to rebuild the top end of the engine on my Smart car. Basically, a lot these so call "master techs" are lazy to make sure they have the probably pinpointed, and that they just in a hurry to rush you out. Make sure you've document everything.
Master Techs are at times a dealership's way of saying that he's the best of a bad lot of mechanics we have on staff.

J-Arias

CTR874
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cu2Tsx, type r
Country flag
I still have not use +R and redline my car yet...just don't have the opportunity to do so, and I don't want to "just open" it up at a stop light. Soon I do both!!! :nixon:
Don't even try it then you going to be having the same issue. I'm thinking they were made for old lady's

J-Arias

CTR874
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cu2Tsx, type r
Country flag
What harness are you talking about. Is it something not to be worry about?

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't even try it then you going to be having the same issue. I'm thinking they were made for old lady's
I ran mine at an autocross event this past weekend and i was hitting first gear redline more than a few times and had 0 issues.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What harness are you talking about. Is it something not to be worry about?
there is a whole thread about this topic. the harness that goes to the turbo bypass valve on the left rear of the engine, the wires tend to just break off. find that thread and check it out title is something like check engine light and rev matching issues

J-Arias

CTR874
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cu2Tsx, type r
Country flag
there is a whole thread about this topic. the harness that goes to the turbo bypass valve on the left rear of the engine, the wires tend to just break off. find that thread and check it out title is something like check engine light and rev matching issues
Another long wait today and just to hear that they goin to call someone that don't know shit like them. I have to wait for them to call me tomorrow so i Ann take the car back again.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another long wait today and just to hear that they goin to call someone that don't know shit like them. I have to wait for them to call me tomorrow so i Ann take the car back again.
Very annoying man. tell them to look it up on the "techline forums" there is a post on there and its an official Honda website so there is no excuse after they see that

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
Looks good, but you'll be losing a lot of down force at the rear...the rear end will be loosy goosy at high speed.
Yea im going try hit high speeds later tonight to see if i can feel a difference and if i do its going back on lol
Sponsored