Marty123

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Hearing a clanking noise all of the sudden pulling into a parking lot. Coming from the front. Doesn't seem engine related. It varies with steering input and speed. Sounds like metal or aluminum clanking. I'll post a video soon. First one I took. File was too large.

Scared the crap out of me. Scared to drive it now.

Help...
Sponsored

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Check for orange spacers in suspension springs.
Maybe jack car up and pull under engine cover plate and look around. Could also pull front wheels and inspect.

OP
OP
Marty123

Marty123

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
After messing with the dust shield, I went for another drive. Clanking sound turned into a metallic scraping sound...

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Pretty common to get gravel stuck between dust shield and rotor. Nice that you figured it out!

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hearing a clanking noise all of the sudden pulling into a parking lot. Coming from the front. Doesn't seem engine related. It varies with steering input and speed. Sounds like metal or aluminum clanking. I'll post a video soon. First one I took. File was too large.

Scared the crap out of me. Scared to drive it now.

Help...
i have the same issue and cant figure it out.
I just posted on the forum regarding my issue, once in a blue moon i hear ting ting clank , at slow speeds

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
i have the same issue and cant figure it out.
I just posted on the forum regarding my issue, once in a blue moon i hear ting ting clank , at slow speeds
It might be the same problem. Been driving my wifes car with that noise for 3 months. Told the Toyota guy I believe a rock/gravel is stuck in between the rotor and dust shield. They test drove and thought rear license plate frame was lose and blah blah. Eventually took it in to them a second time and got the rock/gravel removed.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
yep, even happened to me, thought it never would. Managed to get it out by full lock steering and reverse and it popped out when planning to remove the wheel. Saved me a lot of time.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
This is a stupid question in a way, but would driving with the rock there or behind the shield damage the rotor or anything in anyway?