Spence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic SI
Country flag
Hi guys, I really like my SI, honestly like it as much if not more than the day I got it. The headgasket thing is an annoying thought I have tho. Currently no issues, but my question is, have people that blew their headgasket blown it again shortly after installing an OEM gasket and ARP studs if they're running a tune or big power?

Been enjoying tsp stage 1, and thinking of going w1 turbo custom tune, pushing maybe 270-280ish crank hp tops eventually.

Or is there a surefire recipe (however much money it might be) to fully fix the hg issue (darton sleeves, built short block from tsp etc arp studs)

I know there is a plethora of factors that contribute to the headgasket failing, like the steam slits between the cylinders, and lack of surface area, stud stretch possible gasket degradation, in addition to running premium gas (I always do). Its just a factor that bothers me since I owe only $10,100 on the car till its mine.

I know I've asked headgasket related questions before I'm sorry.

Thanks
-Spence
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy a new head gasket and get the ARP head studs!
It’s an easy job and it will prevent you from worrying about it, no matter what you decide down the road to do.

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
If you plan on tuning your car and pushing it I would install the headstuds prematurely to save the headgasket. They can be installed without removing the head. Once mine blew and I installed arp head studs I never had an issue.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m about at that power level, but I don’t lose sleep over head lift or gasket issues. According to some reputable tuners, there’s no real predictor of head lift. If you find it to be a constant worry, then replacing the head studs (as suggested above) is the move.
Sponsored