MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Honestly, sounds like there's a lot going on. Considering I'm having no issues here with a 2019 si sedan all bolt ons minus drop in turbo. Something's loose some where or dirty, something.
Maybe I'll have to tear down the car again and open her up, film everything that I've installed, and see if anyone can call anything out for me that seems out of the ordinary. I'm not really looking forward to doing that, but better than destroying the thing I suppose!
Sponsored

Jaxson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I’m looking to get ktuner simply to get rid of rev hang. But since I have a 2020 Si, it sounds like I should hold off due to hesitation when rolling back on to the throttle?

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I finally opened everything up again, and made two tweaks:

1) Removed the air filter wrap.
2) Tightened one bolt that was slightly loose from my intercooler to its pipes. The other one was tight, but I saw the slightest gap in between.

For all intents and purposes, I'll say this helped tremendously. I'm seeing 20 PSI now, and between shifts I don't seem to have as many troubles as before.

I do still have minor delays when putting on the throttle from being off it though, which is a quick quarter-to-half-second delay to actually getting acceleration. I'm not quite sure what's causing that, as the PSI is going up immediately so it wants to put in gas.

Anyway, thought I'd give that update. I'm now slightly more relieved!

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So I finally opened everything up again, and made two tweaks:

1) Removed the air filter wrap.
2) Tightened one bolt that was slightly loose from my intercooler to its pipes. The other one was tight, but I saw the slightest gap in between.

For all intents and purposes, I'll say this helped tremendously. I'm seeing 20 PSI now, and between shifts I don't seem to have as many troubles as before.

I do still have minor delays when putting on the throttle from being off it though, which is a quick quarter-to-half-second delay to actually getting acceleration. I'm not quite sure what's causing that, as the PSI is going up immediately so it wants to put in gas.

Anyway, thought I'd give that update. I'm now slightly more relieved!
The delay could just be lag,. I get the same when quick shifting, theres a second or two before it builds boost and starts to take off. But I def see 25 psi, you should see somewhere near there too I would think.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The delay could just be lag,. I get the same when quick shifting, theres a second or two before it builds boost and starts to take off. But I def see 25 psi, you should see somewhere near there too I would think.
Oh, I didn't push it hard enough to get up there. I was only getting 14 PSI before, so to get it up to 20 when I did was enough for me to say that something was corrected, heh.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oh, I didn't push it hard enough to get up there. I was only getting 14 PSI before, so to get it up to 20 when I did was enough for me to say that something was corrected, heh.
Then Your def getting somewhere! Glad to hear it.

Gryghst

First Name
SHANE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport
Country flag
Hey guys I know this is a old thread but I have a 19 1.5 L with the cvt , I have bigger fmi, non catted dp to a remark exhaust, also a CAI , and turbo inlet pipe. I decided to get a KTUNER and I tried the 0 base tune and it ran better for one day then this morning when I went to start my car and it was a cold rough start and when I went to pull away the sputtering and no power was right away.so I flashed it back to factory and it drove normal

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys I know this is a old thread but I have a 19 1.5 L with the cvt , I have bigger fmi, non catted dp to a remark exhaust, also a CAI , and turbo inlet pipe. I decided to get a KTUNER and I tried the 0 base tune and it ran better for one day then this morning when I went to start my car and it was a cold rough start and when I went to pull away the sputtering and no power was right away.so I flashed it back to factory and it drove normal
You need to post a datalog while running the tune (in a .zip file). What intake are you running? With the catless downpipe did you do the proper disables?

Gryghst

First Name
SHANE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport
Country flag
You need to post a datalog while running the tune (in a .zip file). What intake are you running? With the catless downpipe did you do the proper disables?
The intake is the Takeda AFE , sorry if thats spelled wrong but I'll run the data log today

twiggy.ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Hey all. 2020 Si here, Phearable 1.5. On the initial flash two months ago I made sure to not select Disbale Rev Hang. According to John, as long as that’s not selected there isn’t a difference with having Cruise Main on or off.

Until three days ago I’d been driving with Cruise Main off and the car suddenly feels and sounds different - less burbles between shifts etc. When I turn Cruise Main on, that seems to have come back. I really don’t think this is my imagination and again I’m aware Cruise Main is advised to be left on, however I never selected to disable it and this was confirmed by John.

Anyone else experience with rev hang suddenly apparently becoming disabled by default or anything like this? Thanks.
Sponsored