Quirks/Questions about Phearable Tune on 2020 Si

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have also experienced weirdness with rev hang disabled on my 2020. Occasionally, while shifting into 2nd or 3rd, it briefly hesitates/sputters. Happens with both TSP and phearable, but definitely more frequently when running TSP. Perhaps because TSP seems to have less padding than phearable with rev hang disabled.

This is something I did not experience on my '18 sport MT with rev hang disabled running base tunes. As much as I don't like the rev hang, I find myself enabling it more and more.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I have also experienced weirdness with rev hang disabled on my 2020. Occasionally, while shifting into 2nd or 3rd, it briefly hesitates/sputters. Happens with both TSP and phearable, but definitely more frequently when running TSP. Perhaps because TSP seems to have less padding than phearable with rev hang disabled.

This is something I did not experience on my '18 sport MT with rev hang disabled running base tunes. As much as I don't like the rev hang, I find myself enabling it more and more.
Correct. According to Phearable it is an issue really only on 2020 cars because of the throttle padding by Ktuner; they claim there is no work around out there short of Ktuner doing it.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Did you order the god mode tune? Heard one guy with it and my god its insanely loud plus he was straight pipped with a catless set up, nothing something I really want just seems like an absolute attention grabber lmao

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you order the god mode tune? Heard one guy with it and my god its insanely loud plus he was straight pipped with a catless set up, nothing something I really want just seems like an absolute attention grabber lmao
Absolutely not. Lol. I"m way too old for that stuff. In fact, when I first read about it I almost dismissed Phearable completely out of hand. Glad I didn't in the end though.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Absolutely not. Lol. I"m way too old for that stuff. In fact, when I first read about it I almost dismissed Phearable completely out of hand. Glad I didn't in the end though.
Yeah no dumping fuel cannot be good long term wise but some people love that stuff and don't really care about the long term lol

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah no dumping fuel cannot be good long term wise but some people love that stuff and don't really care about the long term lol
It's "cute" on something like a Mini Cooper because of that car's novelty and owner base, but on a Civic I feel it only feeds the terrible stereotype this car has or had in the early 2000s with younger owners.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It's "cute" on something like a Mini Cooper because of that car's novelty and owner base, but on a Civic I feel it only feeds the terrible stereotype this car has or had in the early 2000s with younger owners.
With the map race exhaust ill get some pops in first and second when I let off the throttle and thats enough for me lmao but I am tempted to try the pherable tune soon, I'm on tsp stage 1 right now both seem to be great off the shelf tunes

Shonuff

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan/2019 CR-V/2012 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
This! I almost didn't get the tune based on the GOD mode...I'm happy that you're happy with the tune. I look forward to plugging in my ktuner and having some fun!

Knappy17

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan Red
Country flag
This is so true, the civic and the WRX have such a stigma around them due to people destroying the older models?

cameron.hill

First Name
Cameron Hill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (TSP S1, Ktuner, PRL Cobra CAI, MAP Street Exhaust)
Country flag
@cameron.hill , Have you experienced this on your 2020?
I have not experienced this, BUT, the 2020 apparently has different throttle padding from the 17-19s. I don't know all the technical details, but that is probably why it doesn't feel as smooth when letting off and back on the throttle. TSP is the same way with rev hang off. Personally, I drive with rev hang enabled about 90% of the time to avoid the jerkiness.

civicsicoupe20

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Does phearable tune automatically removes rev hang like TSP? or do you still need to adjust it?

Honda450r14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
In the phearable tune description it says custom fan settings...does anyone know what they are? curious compared to stock...when I used to come to a stop I could always hear the fans kick on I haven't heard them since I loaded the phearable tune but the car has not got hot at all.

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
In the phearable tune description it says custom fan settings...does anyone know what they are? curious compared to stock...when I used to come to a stop I could always hear the fans kick on I haven't heard them since I loaded the phearable tune but the car has not got hot at all.
It’s a mystery ?‍♂ But as you said in compare to stock and TSP the car is running colder.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I have a 2019 Honda Civic Si, and I have the snap acceleration too. But let me break this down a little more and see if there's something else that's causing this...

I was on TSP Stage 1 (Street MAF) for about eight months and I was completely stock, no issues whatsoever but thought I'd try another tune. So I bought the Phearable (they gave me both Street and Race MAF since I said I'd be installing an IC and CAI soon), flashed the Street MAF and things were fine.

Then all in one fell swoop, I did my own mods (for the first time so I might have screwed things up) by installing a PRL Intercooler w/o charge pipes and a PRL Cobra CAI, and flashed the Phearable Race MAF. This was when I started experiencing the stutter throttling. Those who have a 2020 Si, or at least the thread OP, knows exactly what this feels like.

At first I chalked this up to the tune, and I did for about three weeks before I decided "enough is enough" and that I wanted to go back to TSP. So I flashed my TSP Stage 1 Race MAF for the first time... sadly it's still there. I even flashed it twice in a row, did a 30-minute drive, and flashed it one more time. Still has the problem. I never deleted tunes in between, but it should erase the other flashes in between, does it not?

Anyway, I'm not sure what's causing this. For one, I have a 2019 and not a 2020. For another, I installed the mods on my own, so I don't know if this has absolutely nothing to do with the tunes at all. But then again, when I installed the Street tune for the Phearable this wasn't the problem.

So it's the strangest combination of like... everything. Maybe someone can properly diagnose this for me, because I almost feel like I'm driving a broken car now. :(
Sponsored