1.5T PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I have the sport HB and wouldn't mind keeping the stock Exhaust as it is pretty nice from the factory and uses 2 small mufflers that look like aftermarket Borla/Magnaflow instead of the huge chambered box style that all the other models use so this pipe setup should be a nice addition........
Sponsored

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How long do you think your catted downpipe will last compared to the stock downpipe? I'd like to get a downpipe in the future, but only if it was durable compared to the stock one. I use my car as a daily and put lots of miles on it, I don't want to have to be replacing downpipes all the time.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I have the sport HB and wouldn't mind keeping the stock Exhaust as it is pretty nice from the factory and uses 2 small mufflers that look like aftermarket Borla/Magnaflow instead of the huge chambered box style that all the other models use so this pipe setup should be a nice addition........
Our thoughts exactly.

How long do you think your catted downpipe will last compared to the stock downpipe? I'd like to get a downpipe in the future, but only if it was durable compared to the stock one. I use my car as a daily and put lots of miles on it, I don't want to have to be replacing downpipes all the time.
In the past we have refused to manufacture catted products for this exact reason. The quality of most aftermarket cats are far inferior to the OEM units, but there are some great alternatives out there. We spent a lot of time searching for a cost-effective, quality, high performance solution for this project. I don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot here, so I'll spare the details for later, but rest assured that the manufacturer(s) we have chosen for testing supply quality cats.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our thoughts exactly.

In the past we have refused to manufacture catted products for this exact reason. The quality of most aftermarket cats are far inferior to the OEM units, but there are some great alternatives out there. We spent a lot of time searching for a cost-effective, quality, high performance solution for this project. I don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot here, so I'll spare the details for later, but rest assured that the manufacturer(s) we have chosen for testing supply quality cats.
Thanks for the info!

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Can't wait for these to come out! Watching closely!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
As long as no one runs a full VTA BOV the aftermarket CAT should survive haha

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you guys have a ballpark for price on the catted downpipe and midpipe?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
As long as no one runs a full VTA BOV the aftermarket CAT should survive haha
do you guys have any logs from users w/ and w/o VTA BOVs to see if they go WOT then let off real quickly just how rich they go for that short time before the car has burnt off all the extra fuel and is back to running optimally?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do you guys have any logs from users w/ and w/o VTA BOVs to see if they go WOT then let off real quickly just how rich they go for that short time before the car has burnt off all the extra fuel and is back to running optimally?
Not sure if anyone has logged one with a bov, but it doesn't even take wot, if it builds any boost in part throttle its going to blow off

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm waiting for the same information. I might buy one just to find out. And log it

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm waiting for the same information. I might buy one just to find out. And log it
I was thinking the same thing but if someone else had done it could possibly save me $170, or I might be more confident about buying this one. Of course we wont know long term until its been a while but thats what we get for being early adopters.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing but if someone else had done it could possibly save me $170, or I might be more confident about buying this one. Of course we wont know long term until its been a while but thats what we get for being early adopters.
this is just IMO, the factory BPV is good enough on the cvt. it's not going to leak any time soon since its brand new. if it does you can get it warranty. Get the bov if you want the sound but it will never be as cool if it was on a 6mt.

$170 is a little steep just to test it. another option you could wait for is the PRL charge pipes. they can put any bov flange on for you.
Sponsored