Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Haven’t seen or heard about mine. Website said 12/15. Guess that’s not the case
Have these shipped out yet?

Need to know if should be lighting a fire under the shop I ordered from, or give them a little longer. Been radio silence... thanks!
Sponsored

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
How does it sound? Mine should be delivered Saturday.
So I had the K&N, this is quieter. However my fuel trims are back to normal which was my main reason for purchasing. The K&N had my fuel trims at 25% sometimes which was annoying

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 6MT, 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8
Country flag
So I had the K&N, this is quieter. However my fuel trims are back to normal which was my main reason for purchasing. The K&N had my fuel trims at 25% sometimes which was annoying
Ah I see. I'm going to assume it probably runs/feels better than your K&N?

2019fc4

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have these shipped out yet?

Need to know if should be lighting a fire under the shop I ordered from, or give them a little longer. Been radio silence... thanks!
They have been shipped out, I live about 45 min away from PRL and got mine 2 days ago

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Anyone else received theirs... ?

... esp. those in Canada ?

Thanks!

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 6MT, 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8
Country flag
Anyone else received theirs... ?

... esp. those in Canada ?

Thanks!
I can't vouch for Canada, but I got mine here in California at the end of December, installed it January 2nd.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Received mine - installed and it has a SUPER nice tone. Nice and deep.

Some notes from my install...

(1) I found the stock breather tube clamp would not fit the new PRL intake silicone hose. I was able to substitute a small worm drive clamp that I had lying around already. You can probably get such parts at your nearest hardware or automotive parts store. Suggest just take the silicone hose down to such a shop and someone can help you find the appropriate size spring clamp or worm drive clamp.

The "breather tube" is one of the hard lines that comes out near the brake fluid reservoir and presses down into the intake tube between the throttle body and the intake air box. There is a little steel clamp that pinches the rubber hose on there. The stock tube seemed to have a signifcantly smaller diameter than the PRL one.... I was surprised PRL did not supply a replacement clamp.

(2) The PRL install video shows the dude pulling the lower bolts up with a magnet. I found that my bolts were essentially "retained" in the rubber bushings. They would not come out on their own and just came out when I lifted out the box (after loosening them).

(3) Suggest apply a little lube (light water & dish soap maybe) to the two round hollow gaskets that need to press onto the two studs to make it fit a little easier.

I would have been happier if PRL did not make you re-use any rubber bushings or bolts from the original intake. It's not the end of the world, but if you are upgrading an older car that has seen some miles those parts won't be pristine any more. Still, you can always upgrade the hardware as you like. e.g. their worm drive clamps do the job but there are better products on the market. e.g. You can't turn the nuts on those very well, because the "tongue" on the clamp comes through and prevents your socket from connecting very well. Yes I had exactly the right size socket. So you end up using a flat blade screwdriver which also doesn't connect too well. Whatever you'll do it once.
Sponsored