Poll: How many are still waiting to buy a CTR?

How many are still waiting to purchase a CTR?

• Total voters

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
As much as I hate to say this, the reality is that cars(even new) aren't perfect off the lot. Some are immaculate, while others aren't. There's little stuff here and there. Especially for sportier cars. That's why there's laws, warranties, and recalls. Just glad you didn't pay 80k for a Mercedes AMG C63 to find out there's a head bolt issue that causes constant overheating and in the end, engine failure. BTW, this wasn't me. lol. I can assure you EVERY car mfg has had some issues w/ new cars. No way to get around this. Part of mass production and quality of parts. One of the issues was simply a plug that wasn't plug in properly i think.
On the other hand, yes, I totally agree, this stuff is annoying and should be ironed out w/ proper testing..etc. prior to sales. 34k + ADM is a substantial amount of change for majority of us, even life savings. Nothings gonna be perfect in this world. If you choose to buy it; just buy it, be a problem solver, enjoy it, and move on. ;)

On a side note, when i bought my 1st new car in 2004, I was so annoyed by these little imperfections and scratches that were caused by the car getting advertised and sitting on the lot, that I went back to the dealer to complain at least 5 times and even tried to switch cars. Of course, nothing happened and I eventually got over it. The one that annoyed me the most was the chipped paint caused by ropes w/ balloons tied to the rear view mirrors. This is when dealers try to add advertisement by adding balloons to the cars and the wind blows the sh1t outta the balloons. The rope rubs on the paint all day long....
Sponsored

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Also have read about A/C issues happening. For $35k I expect a level of reliability that Honda has been known for, most of my cars have been Honda/Acura. I am definitely not buying a R with a 2nd gear problem.
brodaddys, um loving this chat(ter). Just want to add that my MY17 UK Hatch of is dyno-mite, no pun intended but srsly not even a squeak. These menial issues of 2nd gear grinding, the software issue are eye opening but I am blind-sighted by this news when you counter with how error free the non si/ctr hatches are. Thanks to UK facility in Swindon for taking care of my homey, especially the paint cause I was devastated to hear about those, ye hear me breh(s)?! My whole thing on this first year thing is I got a first year hatch and this is not to sound bragadocious cause we all have heard the espy-ali-DOCIOUS song but to make the point that the hatch's first year is still 2017 and I stand behind this first year product from Honda. A bank vault smoothness and just the squish squish of the tires. What's the deal with these ctrs now?!

Last edited:

CHAMPIONSHIPWHITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRZ,S2000,CTR,PASSPORT
Country flag
brodaddys, um loving this chat(ter). Just want to add that my MY17 UK Hatch of is dyno-mite, no pun intended but srsly not even a squeak. These menial issues of 2nd gear grinding, the software issue are eye opening but I am blind-sighted by this news when you counter with how error free the non si/ctr hatches are. Thanks to UK facility in Swindon for taking care of my homey, especially the paint cause I was devastated to hear about those, ye hear me breh(s)?! My whole thing on this first year thing is I got a first year hatch and this is not to sound bragadocious cause we all have heard the espy-ali-DOCIOUS song but to make the point that the hatch's first year is still 2017 and I stand behind this first year product from Honda. A bank vault smoothness and just the squish squish of the tires. What's the deal?!

I'm sorry I had to read this like 5 times to understand what you're talking about and got even more confused trying to understand some things you were saying. :banghead:

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
I'm sorry I had to read this like 5 times to understand what you're talking about and got even more confused trying to understand some things you were saying. :banghead:
HAHA LOL. :lol::lol: Sorry, but this cracked me up man. I had a really good laugh!! lol. Just different lingo from diff countries. All good. I think they just meant "this car is awesome, what's all the complaints"

CHAMPIONSHIPWHITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRZ,S2000,CTR,PASSPORT
Country flag
HAHA LOL. :lol::lol: Sorry, but this cracked me up man. I had a really good laugh!! lol. Just different lingo from diff countries. All good. I think they just meant "this car is awesome, what's all the complaints"

HAHA, He wrong HONDA as HANDUH in his signature. I'm not making fun of him, it just really sounded funny.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
I had to read it multiple times myself and still am like huh?! Lol

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
As much as I hate to say this, the reality is that cars(even new) aren't perfect off the lot. Some are immaculate, while others aren't. There's little stuff here and there. Especially for sportier cars. That's why there's laws, warranties, and recalls. Just glad you didn't pay 80k for a Mercedes AMG C63 to find out there's a head bolt issue that causes constant overheating and in the end, engine failure. BTW, this wasn't me. lol. I can assure you EVERY car mfg has had some issues w/ new cars. No way to get around this. Part of mass production and quality of parts. One of the issues was simply a plug that wasn't plug in properly i think.
On the other hand, yes, I totally agree, this stuff is annoying and should be ironed out w/ proper testing..etc. prior to sales. 34k + ADM is a substantial amount of change for majority of us, even life savings. Nothings gonna be perfect in this world. If you choose to buy it; just buy it, be a problem solver, enjoy it, and move on. ;)

On a side note, when i bought my 1st new car in 2004, I was so annoyed by these little imperfections and scratches that were caused by the car getting advertised and sitting on the lot, that I went back to the dealer to complain at least 5 times and even tried to switch cars. Of course, nothing happened and I eventually got over it. The one that annoyed me the most was the chipped paint caused by ropes w/ balloons tied to the rear view mirrors. This is when dealers try to add advertisement by adding balloons to the cars and the wind blows the sh1t outta the balloons. The rope rubs on the paint all day long....
I don't know man. Sounds like you are making excuses as one of the redeeming things about owning a Honda used to be quality and reliability. I have bought the following cars new over the past decade and they were all flawless on delivery; Golf R, EVO X, STI, Focus ST, Mustang GT, SRT4. Only the Mustang had issues in the first year of ownership and in the 2nd year of SRT4 ownership I got the steering column replaced under warranty. Other cars were flawless throughout ownership even though I rarely ever keep them for more than about 2.5 years. I've been out of Hondas since the 90's because they haven't offered anything exciting outside of the S2k but it certainly seems like their quality is no longer better than the competition. I just checked out an Si last week and IMO the interior on these cars are average at best for the segment and not remotely close to a GTI or Golf R or even a Mazda 3 for that matter.

nabusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, Acura RLX
I don't know man. Sounds like you are making excuses as one of the redeeming things about owning a Honda used to be quality and reliability. I have bought the following cars new over the past decade and they were all flawless on delivery; Golf R, EVO X, STI, Focus ST, Mustang GT, SRT4. Only the Mustang had issues in the first year of ownership and in the 2nd year of SRT4 ownership I got the steering column replaced under warranty. Other cars were flawless throughout ownership even though I rarely ever keep them for more than about 2.5 years. I've been out of Hondas since the 90's because they haven't offered anything exciting outside of the S2k but it certainly seems like their quality is no longer better than the competition. I just checked out an Si last week and IMO the interior on these cars are average at best for the segment and not remotely close to a GTI or Golf R or even a Mazda 3 for that matter.
It's pretty documented how Honda has a lot of issues here and there on various models. The 15-17 TLX has a massive complaint list on the transmission that car, in fact it is the #1 complaint. The 14'-15' RLX, I happen to own one, has quite a large TSB list. My in-laws bought their 2012 Odyssey new and has had their front shocks replaced twice now and the passenger side head light keeps blowing the blub randomly. Their quality and reliability isn't what it used to be. It is better then most comparing yes but definitely has changed. They are in such a rush to push out their models that the first year models always have issues.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
It's pretty documented how Honda has a lot of issues here and there on various models. The 15-17 TLX has a massive complaint list on the transmission that car, in fact it is the #1 complaint. The 14'-15' RLX, I happen to own one, has quite a large TSB list. My in-laws bought their 2012 Odyssey new and has had their front shocks replaced twice now and the passenger side head light keeps blowing the blub randomly. Their quality and reliability isn't what it used to be. It is better then most comparing yes but definitely has changed. They are in such a rush to push out their models that the first year models always have issues.
I purchased a 2016 ILX and it had a slew of issues when I got it. Lots of trim defects, had a bad charcoal canister for the fuel system, the rubber around the sunroof was torn, broken clips on the interior trim, damaged steering wheel, leather shift knob was splitting, had to get a new satellite radio unit (which now gives me free satellite radio lol) among other things. Car is great, but it has had its fair share of issues straight from the factory.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I guess Honda reliability issues isn't related F1. I have a 10 year old TSX and thats pretty much been a model of reliability.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I purchased a 2016 ILX and it had a slew of issues when I got it. Lots of trim defects, had a bad charcoal canister for the fuel system, the rubber around the sunroof was torn, broken clips on the interior trim, damaged steering wheel, leather shift knob was splitting, had to get a new satellite radio unit (which now gives me free satellite radio lol) among other things. Car is great, but it has had its fair share of issues straight from the factory.
dang. I too have a '16 ILX but I have had zero issues.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
You're lucky haha

Car was new which I forgot to mention.
I bought mine new too but I got it in May '16 so it wasn't right when it came out. 14k miles later I still have zero problems thankfully lol. I have read stories of brake squeal and other problems on other forums though.

Most cars seems to have some kind of an issue on the initial launch of a refresh model which gets worked out over time. it's really nothing new. Which is why you see a lot of ppl not jumping straight into purchasing a just refreshed model.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I bought mine new too but I got it in May '16 so it wasn't right when it came out. 14k miles later I still have zero problems thankfully lol. I have read stories of brake squeal and other problems on other forums though.

Most cars seems to have some kind of an issue on the initial launch of a refresh model which gets worked out over time. it's really nothing new. Which is why you see a lot of ppl not jumping straight into purchasing a just refreshed model.
Totally forgot about the brake squeal, had that as well. Also had to have both trim pieces along the rain ducts replaced due to warping. Oh, and had a horrid rattle in the back deck from the sub. Had it fixed 4 times along with the entire back window being replaced due to a couple strips of my defroster not working haha. Car has 17K miles on it now and was purchased new in July of 2016, the last day of July actually.

Love the car though. TBH, I wish I had waited a couple years and gotten a Type R instead. I didn't think it would ever get here lol.

nabusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, Acura RLX
I am most likely getting the new Accord with the 2.0T it is coming with, as time goes by I want the CTR less and less.
Sponsored