First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I drove in the dark last night finally. Headlights are bright but there is like 0 cutoff. These lights have no cutoff compared to the MDX, S2000, or any of the projectors I have from TheRetroFitSource.com.
If you can, drive through a tree-lined two-lane road at night. Turn the brights on. It's like you're seeing quadruple, light streaks frickin' everywhere lol. Cutoff is bad, brightness is good.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
If you can, drive through a tree-lined two-lane road at night. Turn the brights on. It's like you're seeing quadruple, light streaks frickin' everywhere lol. Cutoff is bad, brightness is good.
Nice. I'll have an opportunity to drive in the dark again next week maybe!
The lights are bright. I couldn't tell if brighter or less bright than the MDX but I did notice the cutoff.
I'm hoping there is more light scatter to the sides with the R because once the windows are tinted, it's a bit harder to see pedestrians.

KhashTR19

Manual Mania
First Name
Khashayar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't noticed an alignment problem with the lights nor any moisture (yet). My problem with the lights is different. I was so excited about the LEDs with my 2019 CTR, but I tell ya, I'm disappointed. They're bright, but they are not uniform. Too many dark "gaps" between streaks of light, and it gets worse with the brights on. The dark-light-dark streaks look so haphazard. Low beam has a band of dark right in front of the car. The only way to get rid of it is to turn on the fog lights. Honda might want to rethink the "jewel-eye" setup or pay closer attention to the lenses.

Plus (and I know this has nothing to do with headlights), what's with the windshield distortion at the very bottom. I add this here only because I was bemoaning the aforementioned dark band and noticed a pronounced magnifying lens-like distortion. I've noticed it in other cars, but it's really obvious here.

Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying the car, but I'll take my old GTI's double HIDs any day.
Sponsored