jstett

First Name
jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I currently have a 2020 Si coupe with around 12k miles on it and I have a couple questions about readings on the KTuner.

Car: 2020 si coupe (12k miles)

Tune: Phearable 1.5 19.5-23psi. (kept on the 19.5psi setting 99% of the time) car has been tuned for about 200 miles.

parts:
Mishimoto intake
catless straight pipe. with MAPerformance race exhaust

questions:
1: What are the best gauges to run on your ktuner? As of now i am using, MAP, K.cont, ECT, K.Retard, Difp, AFR

2: What are the average readings of K.Cont, K.retard, Difp, and ECT?

3. Fuel pressure(Difp) is reading at up to 17k(one time) when doing pulls. I’m not sure what the difp is measured in and would love to know what the normal reading for that should be because i am assuming that is pretty high for fuel pressure.

4: AFR. my afr readings stay around 14.6-15.0 when doing pulls. What would be the average reading for AFR on a 2020 Si

5: K.Cont. My readings so far are .54 when cruising and upwards of .7 when doing pulls. I read somewhere that the 2020 models read a little higher on k.cont and can go up to .88 safely. I was wondering how true that statement actually is

6: Boost gauge. How accurate is the stock boost gauge vs the Ktuner gauge?

7: What adjustments should i make inside of the tuning software with my KTuner to make my car run safer with this tune? (if any adjustments are needed)

Any input is greatly appreciated since this is my first honda and i am still trying to figure everything out on this tune before i go out and rip it. I have yet to do anything too intense since the tune until i see what is normal and and is not on my readings. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Honda Civic 10th gen Phearable 1.5 tune questions for 2020 SI C2400C9F-BE7B-4E9A-A548-41C00F186E86
Sponsored

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
questions:
1: What are the best gauges to run on your ktuner? As of now i am using, MAP, K.cont, ECT, K.Retard, Difp, AFR -

I use IAT 1, IAT 2, MAP, TPS, ECT1,ECT2,DIFP,KCONT,AFR

2: What are the average readings of K.Cont, K.retard, Difp, and ECT?
K.Cont is .49, DIFP is like 3-4k cruising and 10k if you give it a little throttle, haven't watched much. ECT 1 is usually solid 170F

3. Fuel pressure(Difp) is reading at up to 17k(one time) when doing pulls. I’m not sure what the difp is measured in and would love to know what the normal reading for that should be because i am assuming that is pretty high for fuel pressure.

Not sure

4: AFR. my afr readings stay around 14.6-15.0 when doing pulls. What would be the average reading for AFR on a 2020 Si

AFR is in the 14s most of the time when cruising around

5: K.Cont. My readings so far are .54 when cruising and upwards of .7 when doing pulls. I read somewhere that the 2020 models read a little higher on k.cont and can go up to .88 safely. I was wondering how true that statement actually is

6: Boost gauge. How accurate is the stock boost gauge vs the Ktuner gauge?

Should be similar, it's reading Manifold Absolute Pressure, its the pressure in the manifold not at the turbo.

7: What adjustments should i make inside of the tuning software with my KTuner to make my car run safer with this tune? (if any adjustments are needed)

I wouldn't mess with it, its a good tune.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Phearable 1.5 tune questions for 2020 SI D1074EEC-6A24-4176-8E37-F1378C14A977
In regards to gauges to monitor I used this setup with the tuner view app through the head unit. I liked having both short and long term fuel trim and iat and etc so I could quickly glance over andget a decent idea of how my knock control is doing and why it may be acting up.With Canadian 94 octane gas I found when flooring it my KCtrl would jump up to about .85 and would quickly drop back down and settle around .49-.54 when back tojust cruising around.

I was planning ongoing ethanol and was planing on swapping the volt gauge out for ethanol % but have since sold the car.
Sponsored