Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Question, may have missed between the other Phearable thread. Is this tune something to be done on stock? I also plan on getting either the PRL or 27won Cai in a couple months. How does adding bolt-ons affect the tune itself? Would the tune need to be adjusted?

For the sake of this comparison thread, do the answers above apply to the tsp stage 1 tune? If not, how do they differ?
The Phearable Stage 1.5 tune will work on a completely stock vehicle and with bolt-ons like intake, downpipe, front pipe, exhaust, intercooler etc.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I signed up just to post how happy I am with this tune.

2019 SI

I ran TSP 1 for 8k miles, just installed phearable and did a round trip to and from work ~40 miles.

This tune makes TSP 1 feel like a student driver. My biggest hate about TSP was the jerky shifts, phearable is sooo much smoother, that alone is worth the tune, you will never be able to have shifts as repeatedly smooth as phearable with TSP 1; anyone who defends TSP against this has never had both.
Glad to hear your positive experience!

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
The Phearable Stage 1.5 tune will work on a completely stock vehicle and with bolt-ons like intake, downpipe, front pipe, exhaust, intercooler etc.
Woah! Thanks for your response and welcome to the forum!

Since you're here, there were options just made available by Ktuner which work with the TSP tune...does the tune you offer have these new options available as well?

For reference: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...es-throttle-responsiveness-and-padding.55955/

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I won’t make a separate thread just post here with my Canuck fellow member.

This tune is smooth and polished. I’ve had it for a few days (no GOD mode) and the more I drive, the more I love. Map 1 is amazing, well above other tunes and KTUNER base maps.

There have been other posts on other threads that speak of subjective views of power from this tune to TSP Stage 1. This tune has more power....

Stock Goodyear AS tires, TSP Stage 1, map 3 would cook the tires on a roll in second gear. I upgraded to Michelin Pilot Sport AS+3 and most of the spinning was gone. Fast forward to Phearable tune map 3 and it really cuts the tires loose, same as the stock Goodyear.

What amazes me most is how smooth and polished this tune is! Even my youngest son can drive smoothly like an expert on this tune.

There’s no herky jerky on and off throttle, it really is amazing.

Top end power feels slightly better than TSP.

Fuel economy also seems a bit better... time will tell.

Can’t speak to reliability but the engine doesn’t seem stressed at all. Fuel trims better than TSP, K Counts are less transitioning off throttle and zero issues with K Cont.

Can’t speak to GOD mode as I’m stock and don’t want to blow my catalytic converter to hell. I purchased this tune without GOD mode. There are a lot more gurgling below 2000rpm, which sounds really cool.
Rob, thanks for taking the time to write up your experience!

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
Both of these tunes have their pros & cons. The weak point for repeatable performance on these cars is the wimpy stock intercooler. It'll heat soak way quick. Honestly that would be the first mod I recommend even before intake downpipe etc. You want to keep your power for a whole fast road or track session, upgraded IC is a must.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Woah! Thanks for your response and welcome to the forum!

Since you're here, there were options just made available by Ktuner which work with the TSP tune...does the tune you offer have these new options available as well?

For reference: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...es-throttle-responsiveness-and-padding.55955/
Thanks!

The new feature you speak of is not specific to a specific off the shelf tune.
Ktuner added throttle padding and throttle responsiveness end user editing on all locked calibrations. This means the end user can now edit these settings when using a Phearable stage 1.5 tune :)

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I'm close to getting the phearable tune! However, what does the CAI do? I read that it has basically not much benefit, just the sounds...What do you think?
The tune it's self with a ktuner would be the first modification we would recommend.
There after we would recommend an intercooler specifically if your somewhere with a hot climate, next an intake such as a PRL cobra, then a downpipe and front pipe.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Great feedback! On TSP I was running map 3 normal mode which was pushing about 20psi of boost and I thought it was plenty. Now that I am on Phearable, I don't have to change maps each time I start the car (I dont keep the KTuner inside) because map 1 on Phearable also pushes about 20psi.

Did some more driving last night and continue to agree with everyone. The boost builds slower but feels like it has more bite on the top end. Shifts are smoother and I feel less like a student driver compared to TSP.
Glad to hear the feedback!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I've been running TSP stage 1 for about a month. After reading this thread, I figured what the hell, I will give this a shot too. I bought the standard map, without God mode.

I'm a middle aged guy who enjoys spirited driving from time to time and rarely revs over 5k. I've spent most of my time using TSP map 3 without sport mode, so my comparison is between that and Phearable map 1.

I notice no difference in padding. Both maps will get a little jerky at low rpm. I've just learned to adjust my driving style or enable rev hang when lugging through neighborhoods.

TSP seems smooth all the way up. Phearable seems to have increased throttle response and spools quicker. Pulls much harder in 3-4k range than TSP. Can really feel it. Similar to when I used starter 21 and went aggressive settings on spool target ramp rate, throttle response, and turbo responsiveness on my previous sport manual.

I will give it a little more time, but for daily driving, I actually prefer the smoothness of TSP. Phearable makes the throttle a bit too touchy for my liking.

However, I do like that I can select another map to increase boost without having to use sport mode with Phearable. Would be nice if TSP offered that as an option instead of their first two maps.

I heard no crackling at all, which I prefer.

Again, I'm an older guy. I don't race and don't spend much time above 5k. Just thought I'd share my feedback even though most of you probably drive your car harder than I do. I only have 1500 miles it. Don't want to smoke the clutch yet! ;)

I'm sure running the higher boost maps will feel different, but those will have to wait a bit longer for me to experiment with them.
Thanks for the feedback!
You can now adjust the throttle responsiveness of the calibration with the latest version of Ktuner.
Let us know if we can help with anything else!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
guess we'll have to see when clutch slip happens with this tune. ive ran map stage 1, tsp, now phearable and to me this is the best tune. glad everyone is enjoying there car

That is awesome to hear Adam!

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

The new feature you speak of is not specific to a specific off the shelf tune.
Ktuner added throttle padding and throttle responsiveness end user editing on all locked calibrations. This means the end user can now edit these settings when using a Phearable stage 1.5 tune :)
Is the throttle padding setting set to "standard" (most aggresive) on the Phearable stage 1.5 tune by default?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Initial thoughts on TSP Stage 1 vs Phearable Stage 1.5 w/o GOD mode:

Note that I only had TSP for about a month and 1500 miles. The vast majority of driving was on Map 1 w/o sport mode, so I will only compare with Phearable's Map 1

The two tunes are a little different in nature. What makes Phearable feel better to me is the slower build-up of boost. TSP felt more like a switch, where as Phearable feels more like a logarithmic curve. Some people will like how TSP feels when it hits harder at lower RPMs, but I like how Phearable feels for daily driving. Map 1 feels more like an OEM+ tune. ALMOST feels like driving an NA 6cyl VTEC Honda/Acura. That's a big pro in my book lol.

I also like how Pherable did their boost by gear. I'll admit that I didn't pay much attention to the PSI gauge before I flashed TSP, or even with TSP, but I was curious with Phearable. I don't rip it in 1st gear - probably saw around 10psi max here - but I consistently saw 18psi in 2nd gear and 21 psi in 3rd gear. This is Map 1, no sport mode, and only mod is a 27won CAI. By that point, you'd be well over the speed limit, so I didn't see what the max boost was in gears 4-6. I like how I don't need to be in sport mode to see these numbers. After I lowered my car on ktuned springs, I'm more reluctant to go into sport mode lol.

I can concur that I'm seeing slightly better fuel efficiency with Phearable Map 1 compared to TSP map 1. I went on a road trip last weekend for the 4th. With TSP, I barely I got ~40mpgs on the first leg of the trip. I got ~43mps on that same drive last year before I flashed. Only had Phearable for a couple days, but I saw around 42-43mpgs yesterday. My average fuel use before I flashed at 9k miles was around ~34 mpg. On the 1st tank of gas with TSP, I saw 33.5. Not much of a difference, but I'll report back on fuel usage with Phearable once I have more data.

Overall, I'm happy with Pherable's Stage 1.5 tune compared to TSP Stage 1 tune. I think I'll keep it on my ECU!
Arpan,

I am glad to hear you enjoy the powerband phearable stage 1.5 provides you with along with your gas excellent gas mileage results!

Thanks for providing your feedback!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I remember reading your posts a while back about tweaking boost-by-gear settings with TSP Stage 1 to protect the clutch. Is that something one can do (or should do) with the Pherable tune?
There is really no need to do so :)
Sponsored

Reactions: mjh