letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
The opening up of some settings will be HUGE. I'm definitely staying tuned. :cool:
Likewise. Were the tune settings not changeable prior or currently I should say? or was it strictly limited to the rev hang disable and stuff like that? If so, what else you think could be customizable settings-wise?
Sponsored

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for the kind words from those that have supported us. We are proud to be a part of the 10th gen Civic community. So many groups are based on Facebook now but we have always believed dedicated web forums such as this are the best way to bring the community together and share information.

As far as I know, there has never been any testing done across both tunes using the same car, dyno, etc. I would expect power output to probably be about the same for both tunes but until proper testing is done we can only speculate. Beyond power output there are many tune settings that strongly impact the overall feel of a tune. We have thousands of customers that have praised our tune as it is written but it is unreasonable to expect a "one size fits all" solution to be perfect for everyone.

I am excited to share that we are working with KTuner on opening up some fresh options that will allow simple and safe adjustments to be made to the tune file by the end user, so that it can be customized in accordance to each customer's preferences. This will be available for both existing and future tune customers. That is about all I can say about it at this time. As always, "stay tuned". :)
That’s an amazing news guys!
just my 2 cents but if it’s possible can you guys add custom fan parameters?
For summer traffic rush it’s a lifesaver!
Also if possible can you guys set a medium turbo spool for map 2?
Thanks in advance!

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Any
Thanks for the kind words from those that have supported us. We are proud to be a part of the 10th gen Civic community. So many groups are based on Facebook now but we have always believed dedicated web forums such as this are the best way to bring the community together and share information.

As far as I know, there has never been any testing done across both tunes using the same car, dyno, etc. I would expect power output to probably be about the same for both tunes but until proper testing is done we can only speculate. Beyond power output there are many tune settings that strongly impact the overall feel of a tune. We have thousands of customers that have praised our tune as it is written but it is unreasonable to expect a "one size fits all" solution to be perfect for everyone.

I am excited to share that we are working with KTuner on opening up some fresh options that will allow simple and safe adjustments to be made to the tune file by the end user, so that it can be customized in accordance to each customer's preferences. This will be available for both existing and future tune customers. That is about all I can say about it at this time. As always, "stay tuned". :)
Any estimate days?

NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Manual 1.5T, KTuner + TSP1
Country flag
I ❤ my TSP tune, I was thinking of buying the Phearable tune to compare but I guess they don't even make one for non-Si 1.5t? Oh well. I bought a few other items from TSP and their customer service has been A+, so I'll stick with them.

mtlsi

First Name
just
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I had the tsp stage 1 reverse map ( so always in map3 ) for 2 years switching between normal and sport daily but managing the throttle in acceleration under 4000rpm. when I switched to phearable stage 1.5 (map 3) at first I thought it had way less grunt in the midrange and wasn't so sure about it (1 or 2 days 20 min drive). I realize I was always going 70% throttle before going 100% to save my clutch because of the rush tsp1 had in midrange. now after 2 months I will never go back the drivability and the shifting is way better and the tune feel more smooth and the top end is really nice. so the tsp stage 1 is a very good tune but for my daily driving habit I will keep running the phearable stage 1.5( always map 3) 44 000km the clutch is still holding fine and .49 knock control (-3 -4 ltft in general) 24/7 petro 94 gaz. no other mod than a drop in filter. I never launched the car or did burnout but did many 2 3 4 5 pulls. 4 and 5 gears always after redlining the gear before....

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag

Per quanto ne so, non sono mai stati effettuati test su entrambi i brani utilizzando la stessa macchina, banco prova, ecc. Oltre alla potenza in uscita, ci sono molte impostazioni di accordatura che hanno un forte impatto sulla sensazione generale di una melodia. Abbiamo migliaia di clienti che hanno elogiato il nostro brano così come è stato scritto, ma non è ragionevole aspettarsi che una soluzione "taglia unica" sia perfetta per tutti.

Sono entusiasta di condividere che stiamo lavorando con KTuner per aprire alcune nuove opzioni che consentiranno di apportare modifiche semplici e sicure al file di sintonizzazione da parte dell'utente finale, in modo che possa essere personalizzato in base alle preferenze di ciascun cliente. Questo sarà disponibile sia per i clienti esistenti che per quelli futuri. Questo è tutto quello che posso dire al riguardo in questo momento. Come sempre, "rimanete sintonizzati". :)
[/CITAZIONE]

Grazie !!!!!!?????????????

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Tune with no mods will be the most reliable. But I'd suggest get a good cold air intake
I'm close to getting the phearable tune! However, what does the CAI do? I read that it has basically not much benefit, just the sounds...What do you think?

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
I'm close to getting the phearable tune! However, what does the CAI do? I read that it has basically not much benefit, just the sounds...What do you think?
All mods will do something. Just might not be much.

Intakes normally only add a few hp.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
CAI is a decent mod especially in combination with a tune.. A bit more power, lower IAT's and some nice sound.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

A full update on this for anyone that was interested:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...es-throttle-responsiveness-and-padding.55955/

The software update is now live!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Good morning folks. This will be an in-depth comparison between Phearable's stage 1.5 tune (GOD mode) vs, Two Step Performance's stage 1 tune.

DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliations with either company, this is an honest and unbiased comparison.

Current Mods: PRL intake, Catless DP, & Magnaflow catback.

I bought the Phearable tune the other night and wanted to give it a few days to really notice all of the differences. The topics that I am going to cover are drivability, deceleration, reliability, and performance.

DRIVABILITY
The very first thing I noticed while driving with this tune was the smooth transition between gears. With TSP (rev hang disabled) it was almost tricky at times to drive the car smooth - especially if you have been using the rev hang feature for smoother shifting prior. WIth Phearable's tune, even with rev hang disabled it is a breeze to shift through the gears smoothly. You'll also notice right off the bat that 'Sport' mode no longer changes anything regarding to engine performance. So that means 'sport' mode no longer makes the throttle super sensitive, it doesn't change boost settings or how fast the boost will ramp up. What you see is what you get. In saying that, Phearable has struck a pretty solid middle ground between performance and drivability in regards to throttle sensitivity. With TSP I found if I was crusing around in 'Sport' mode the car always had this sense of urgency; if you dipped into the throttle even a little then the boost would ramp up and start pulling. Phearable's tune you need to give it more throttle to get more response in comparison to TSP. This is not a bad thing in my opinion, it makes for day-to-day driving quite comfortable and knowing that I have full power/boost on hand all the time without having to switch to 'sport' mode is a welcomed change.

The last thing I noticed with the Phearable tune is when you have 'cruise main' enabled the rev hang is much more prominent than TSP when it had 'cruise main' enabled. There is a reason for this (see drivability). To sum this category up, Both Phearable and TSP have made their tunes very comfortable to use in daily driving, it really comes down to preference in regards to features of the tunes.

DECELERATION
Now you might think that this is an odd topic to cover but I think it is important to note a few things that I have noticed.

Let's first talk about GOD mode. I purchased this setting because I already have a catless DP and thought that I would give it a shot. It sounds great. Between 3500-5000 RPMs while decelerating, the car starts off with loud burbles then all of a sudden it starts cracking and popping, It is quite pleasing to hear actually. It isn't over the top like a lot of the Hyundais or BMW cars you'll hear but it certainly is loud, noticable, and fun. There is a caution notice on Phearable's website regarding this feature so be considerate of that if you do purchase this.

While downshifting with 'cruise main' enabled, this is where you'll get most of your gurgles and pops. I have to say that it does sound great. I should also make note that the tune gurgles all throughout the rev range but you only need to be cautious of the specified rev range when 'cruise main' is enabled. When 'cruise main' is enabled I noticed that the car doesn't nearly decelerate as fast as it would if the rev hang is disabled. I have to note that the car almost has a slight jerking sensation when decelerating in order to make these sounds. When I say a jerking feelling it does not make the ride uncomfortable but I did notice it. It is just something to be aware of. TSP and their tune whether you have rev hang enabled or disabled decelerates very smoothly.

When you turn rev hang off, the car decelerates very smoothly and doesn't have any hesitation. Even with rev hang disabled, you'll notice the car will start to burble from 2000 RPM and below. This is a nice touch, it gives it a pleasing sound in parking lots when you're just casually driving. My TSP tune would gurgle a bit but I would have to be at 1500 RPMS and under.

RELIABILITY
This will be a short topic. Maybe it'll be useful for people who are new to the platform. Two Step Performance and their stage 1 tune has been proven to be extremely reliable assuming the car isn't abused. Their tune has a great track record and has been run in many 10th gens with nothing but good things to say about them. That goes for myself as well, I have had TSP for about 20,000kms and this tune is excellent. I would certainly recommend them to anyone.

To be honest, I had never heard of Phearable until recently. From my research they have been around for a long time with a proven track record with Honda tuning. My guess would be that this tune will also be very reliable but of course that has yet to be seen.

PERFORMANCE
Here is the big question. Let's get this out of the way... Phearable stage 1.5 > TSP stage 1.

The very first thing that I noticed when I did my first 3rd gear pull was that the torque doesn't come on as hard. It seems that Phearable ramps up their boost at a slower rate. Although it comes on slightly slower, Phearable certainly feels like it has slightly more torque and a noticeably beefier mid-range. You'll really notice once you hit 4000RPM that the car has a significant difference all the way to redline. It is actually a weird sensation and hard to describe. It feels like Phearable's tune takes less effort to rev in comparison to TSP. Although boost comes slightly later in the rev range, it may prove to be slightly safer on both the internals and our clutches. I'm still running the stock clutch and haven't had any slippage on either tunes, I am one of the lucky ones.

The best analogy I can think of is when I went from the Ktuner basemap to TSP the difference was significant. Going from TSP to Phearable’s tune is a similar feeling - although not as prominent it does have more power.. You notice more power throughout the entire rev range with a significant difference up top. Even yesterday it was very hot outside and the car would pull extremely well. I’m excited to see what it does on a cooler night. I’m certainly happy with the purchase.

All in all, if you’re running TSP stage 1, it is worth the upgrade to Phearable’s tune. Both tunes are excellent.

I will try to answer any questions you may have. Cheers.

EDITED:

GOD Mode drive-by

Shayne,

Phearable.net recently joined the civicx forum as an elite sponsor so we can be part of the civicx club!

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion of the Phearable Stage 1.5 tune with the civicx community.Your review is very thorough and it seems like you spent a good amount of time comparing the two tunes. I am glad to hear you are enjoying our tune!

Thus far our stage 1.5 tune has been a great success!
All of the feedback has been absolutely fantastic!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
IMG_20200506_131836.jpg

I'm managing 43 mpg to my daily commute to work on the highway with phearable. I've never seen over 40 mpg with tsp stage 1 and I'm almost full bolt ons.
Wow that is fantastic!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Installed phearable tune today. Tsp came in much harder at low rpms, but the phearable felt like it pulled harder at top end. The driveability is much better than tsp. Rev hang is dialed in perfectly. This tune feels very smooth the entire way to redline and like I said the top end feels very strong. Also this tune gurgles nicely on deceleration even without god mode activated. Didn't mess with God mode much so can't give much feedback on that yet. From driveability standpoint I'm super happy, engaging into next gear is very nice. Do miss the low end boost but it seems this is probably safer in the long run, not as much stress on internals at low end.
Scott, glad to hear the positive remarks!
Everything you mentioned is exactly the same feedback we have heard from others!
Sponsored