Nys dmv suspending my license from clerical mistake!!!

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
So back in July I applied for a tint exception from my eye doctor. Years prior never has it been a issue keep in mind. I'm type 1 diabetic so my eyes are sensitive to light but I'm 100 percent fit to drive. My doctor sent in the exception for tint paper work and clearly stated I'm 100 percent not hindered in anyway for safe operation of a vehicle. Lone behold I get no tint exception and a warning that I need a examination to drive.so my doctor does the "examination "I pass with flying colors. he sends the correct paper work last month to dmv.Today I get a notice from dmv that on November 9th my license will be suspended wtf!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
This is going to sound crazy, but maybe go to the DMV before Nov 9?
On it going tomorrow but the suspension letter says not to go to dmv lol.Its stating they need the correct paper work from my doctor. I re brought that today to the eye doctor....what a s#it show on both ends....

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Clearly a mistake. Or maybe the dmv never got the stuff from the doc. Either way, just go there along with your documentation from the eye doctor.

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Clearly a mistake. Or maybe the dmv never got the stuff from the doc. Either way, just go there along with your documentation from the eye doctor.
Definitely picking the paper work up and personally bringing it myself.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Definitely picking the paper work up and personally bringing it myself.
yea my Wife had to submit the paper work for Tint exemption twice, the first time the Dr submitted it incorrectly. after we fixed that issue havent heard from DMV, loving the 5% tint on the car now though. F - NY and their stupid laws

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry that happened to you. DMV sucks in all states. Florida we just get whatever tints we want, yes there are laws, but nobody cares about that here.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Any update on this and do you know if i can do this in new jersey ? I want tints but dont want to get ticketed so i havent gotten them, i am also type 1 diabetic so hopefully i would be eligible to do this.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
This just feels like more trouble than it’s worth. I’d just wear sunglasses personally than to sweat getting pulled over all the time to have some long conversation with a cop about why I’m allowed to etc.

You guys do you, but the gains don’t appear to remotely outweigh the downsides.

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Up date it was a error but I legally had to go back to the eye doctor for a eye examination. I OBVIOUSLY passed and he faxed the papers. I also went to dmv to make sure it was cleared. It was and it's just not worth the hassle in new york state even though I'm eligible for a tint. I will probably just tint the rear hatch and call it a day!

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Up date it was a error but I legally had to go back to the eye doctor for a eye examination. I OBVIOUSLY passed and he faxed the papers. I also went to dmv to make sure it was cleared. It was and it's just not worth the hassle in new york state even though I'm eligible for a tint. I will probably just tint the rear hatch and call it a day!
after all that work TINT the whole car at 5% and stick it to NY, trust me you wont regret it. love my car with the 5% tint, its a game changer.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
This just feels like more trouble than it’s worth. I’d just wear sunglasses personally than to sweat getting pulled over all the time to have some long conversation with a cop about why I’m allowed to etc.

You guys do you, but the gains don’t appear to remotely outweigh the downsides.
you cant get pulled over for it when you have the exemption, when they run your plates it pops up that you have tint exemption with the state of NY. i have been rocking 5% with no front plate for 2 yrs without one issue.
Sponsored