Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got hondahack earlier and was attempting to install it. All I did was restart the headunit after installing hondahack, and the car is effectively bricked.

Brakes are fully locked, and when I try to start the car it just flickers on and off and doesn't turn over at all.

I haven't tried jumping it yet but I'm about to, hopefully that fixes it. Anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would try a hard reset first.

I have fucked with my HU many times and never had this happen.

Hard reset first! Disconnect both battery terminals and zipTie them together for 30 mins. Literally zipTie the terminals together.

Hook back up and start the car.

Still nothing? Check under the hood fuse box. Look for the battery terminal blade fuse. Not what you are expecting in a fuse but if it’s blown, you’re car is not moving. $15 at a dealership.

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Jump fixed it, the battery was at like 2% when I checked it. New issue though is that my ktuner somehow isn't registered to my account anymore. I guess that's progress at least?

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@gtman Here's the datalog. It didn't happen as noticeably as it sometimes does unfortunately, but you can see the stair-like 'steps' in my RPM around 1:50 and 5:00. I'm sure it's not shifting since this is a new thing and plus my RPMs never got high enough to ever do the simulated shifts.

Other than having my CVT fluid replaced I also did install a K&N filter, but that was before the flush and way before any issues showed up, but I'll probably open it up and check today just in case that's somehow the issue.

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm now wondering if the surging is caused by VSA and my tires. I'm still on the stock wheels and some cheap economy tires that the dealership put on, and the tread is getting close (maybe 10k miles left). I also notice this happens more often on backroads rather than highways, so maybe what's happening is I hit a small bump, lose a bit of traction, VSA kicks in but doesn't correct well and starts that surging cycle?
I'll test it again with VSA fully turned off to see if that's somehow the issue. Hopefully, I can fix it because it is pretty annoying in cases where I need to pass (or if I just want to accelerate normally and not be worried about it).

I looked over the datalog specifically at 5:00 multiple times looking at almost every value and they all seemed to look okay. AFR was 14 on deceleration/holding ~50 mph, and then was around 11-12 during the hard acceleration that I surged on, but I believe that's normal. Knock retard also jumped to 10-12, but after looking that up it seems to not be an issue as long as knock count/control stayed low (which they did).
Sponsored