Head unit not responding to touches

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
My Touring's head unit will turn on as usual but it doesn't respond to touch. The hard button that switches day/night/off mode on the top left doesn't work. Neither do the soft buttons on the left. No part of the screen responds to touch.

When it's on, it shows the navigation's map view and the screen briefly goes off every 15 seconds.

Things I tried:
  1. Holding the power soft button which is what you'd do to restart the unit but like I said, the soft button doesn't respond to touch
  2. Turning the car on and off doesn't fix it either.

This just magically happened yesterday, I can't imagine the light rainstorm I drove through could have had something to do with it.

Going to take it to the dealership to get it serviced under warranty, but would rather not if anyone knows a fix for this that would save me a trip to the dealership. I suspect digitizer must have mysteriously lost its calibration.
Sponsored

OP
OP

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
I took Mikeybc's and calonzo's cues and fitter_here's tip and it fixed the issue. The head unit is now back to normal.

I took the fuse from the fuse box out, turned accessory power on (push start button twice), and waited 5 minutes. Power off, put the fuse back in, power on again, the head unit reset and became responsive. I did not have to punch in a radio code either. Although weirdly it did ask me to take the car outside so it could get a GPS signal. But I didn't have to do that either to be able to start using the head unit.

Great many thanks to the above posters. Excellent advice from community members. This is why the CivicX forum is a great place.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I took Mikeybc's and calonzo's cues and fitter_here's tip and it fixed the issue. The head unit is now back to normal.

Although weirdly it did ask me to take the car outside so it could get a GPS signal. But I didn't have to do that either to be able to start using the head unit.
Once you disconnected power, the head-unit 'forgot' where it was (it could have been moved since it lost power), so it asked to be moved outside to figure out where it was. :)
Sponsored