Car not starting

fre3way

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Country flag
My car's battery was giving me issues and I was trying to return my civic to stock (previously had hondata flashpro tune). I did get a message saying battery voltage low but I continued anyways. The tune was almost removed but I'm assuming towards the end, something went wrong and now I can't even start my car. The battery seems completely dead as the doors won't even lock/unlock using the remote fob. The car's dash won't even light up. I tried to jump it but that hasn't worked either. Any tips on how to proceed?
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
My car's battery was giving me issues and I was trying to return my civic to stock (previously had hondata flashpro tune). I did get a message saying battery voltage low but I continued anyways. The tune was almost removed but I'm assuming towards the end, something went wrong and now I can't even start my car. The battery seems completely dead as the doors won't even lock/unlock using the remote fob. The car's dash won't even light up. I tried to jump it but that hasn't worked either. Any tips on how to proceed?
Yeah that happened to me to. It means the tuning got interrupted. You will have to do it again and make sure it goes all the way through. Mine did this with my ktuner to. Mine did this because I forgot to turn the sleep mode off on my laptop and during the tuning process my laptop would go to sleep and interrupt the process. So I did it again and made sure my laptop stayed on and it said successfully uploaded and my car started right up. I’m assuming in your case it was because your car battery died. You will have to charge your battery first

OP
OP

fre3way

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Country flag
Yeah that happened to me to. It means the tuning got interrupted. You will have to do it again and make sure it goes all the way through. Mine did this with my ktuner to. Mine did this because I forgot to turn the sleep mode off on my laptop and during the tuning process my laptop would go to sleep and interrupt the process. So I did it again and made sure my laptop stayed on and it said successfully uploaded and my car started right up. I’m assuming in your case it was because your car battery died. You will have to charge your battery first

I have roadside assistance and they won't replace the battery for me but they will take it to a honda dealership if they can't jump start the car. Will honda be able to factory restore the ECU or will they give me issues in regards to warranty repairs since I had a tune on it?

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your ECU went into recovery mode. You can easily revert this but you might need to charge up your battery or have a charger plugged in while you flash back to stock, you can't really do much in this situation. I traded my car in yesterday and it was giving me problems with the "revert back to stock" option and wouldn't let me unpair my Ktuner to the ecu.
You're going to be unable to turn the car back on until you reflash the car and take it out of recovery mode. So I suggest borrow somebody's battery.

OP
OP

fre3way

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Country flag
Your ECU went into recovery mode. You can easily revert this but you might need to charge up your battery or have a charger plugged in while you flash back to stock, you can't really do much in this situation. I traded my car in yesterday and it was giving me problems with the "revert back to stock" option and wouldn't let me unpair my Ktuner to the ecu.
You're going to be unable to turn the car back on until you reflash the car and take it out of recovery mode. So I suggest borrow somebody's battery.
I won't be able to swap out the battery but I will see if roadside assistance can get the battery charged up. If so, should I reflash it with the tune or stock mode? And if for some reason they have to tow it in to honda, will they void my warranty? I'm not even sure honda can even restore the ECU to factory without the flashpro

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I won't be able to swap out the battery but I will see if roadside assistance can get the battery charged up. If so, should I reflash it with the tune or stock mode? And if for some reason they have to tow it in to honda, will they void my warranty? I'm not even sure honda can even restore the ECU to factory without the flashpro
Charge your battery, no need to replace. Leave the charger connected while you tune. Plug in your flashpro and it will say "ECU in safe mode, recover to stock?" or something along those lines, click ok, move on with life. Do not involve a dealership or roadside assistance unless you're on the side of the road. A decent battery charger is like 50$. Again leave the charger connected and turned on when tuning, always.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, So reflash it back to stock, and while connected to WiFi, unpair the Ktuner. These cars batteries go bad after 2 years. In recovery mode they won't be able to start the car and they will diagnose the problem and find the car in recovery mode. Not good for you, Id try to resolve it myself before going to the dealership.

OP
OP

fre3way

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Country flag
Charge your battery, no need to replace. Leave the charger connected while you tune. Plug in your flashpro and it will say "ECU in safe mode, recover to stock?" or something along those lines, click ok, move on with life. Do not involve a dealership or roadside assistance unless you're on the side of the road. A decent battery charger is like 50$. Again leave the charger connected and turned on when tuning, always.
When you say turned on, you mean just putting the car in start mode without starting it right?

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you say turned on, you mean just putting the car in start mode without starting it right?
Yes sir. Key on position. press start button without touching brake pedal should bring it up

EDIT: I think what he meant by keep it turned on is, buy a battery charger at an auto parts. plug charger into battery, and keep it on charge while you're flashing the car. it's a fail safe for losing power and corrupting a flash

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I meant leave the charger turned on the entire time you're flashing, follow regular procedure for the engine, power on engine off.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do not let this car get towed to Honda with a corrupt ECU flash, that would be very costly. Charge the battery and re-flash. There is a recovery process that should be automated to take care of this.
Sponsored