RAF247

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just came here hoping to learn all about Honda. I'm a new owner, just bought a 2020 Honda Si Sedan, at 55 years old I finally bought a car that is fun to drive! Two days with it and I absolutely love it. This is my first Honda.

I'm not going to do crazy modifications, but I did read somewhere just changing the air filter helps. Any advice on little things to improve the car would be appreciated.

Also, any recommendations on all weather floor mats?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The civic has one of the largest aftermarket parts bins available of any car on the road.

Congrats on your new ride.

You could spend another 15-20 grand on just performance mods and the sky is the limit, but it’s good to remember that the 1.5L in it’s current stock state can only handle so much before reliability gets thrown out the window.

I like my OEM high wall all-season floor mats, but i’m a sucker for OEM. There are tons of aftermarket options.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Welcome and congratulations! 65 years old here.

Yes, installing a "low restriction" air filter will result in better throttle response and two to three more H.P..

There is a battle about whether or not to use an "oiled" air filter or not. Interestingly the factory air filter has a light oiling to it. I've been using a K&N on my '17 Si for a couple of years now (about 70,000 miles) without any problems.

There are several threads about "floor mats" here on the forum. The search function on the forum has gotten better, or include CivicX in your search string on your favorite search engine.

There is a lot of information here and a lot to think about. I waited 60,000 miles then decided to try a "tune". I kind of like it, but it does have some down sides.

Have fun!

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I used a drop in K&N filter for awhile, which supposedly adds a couple HP due to higher air flow. The gains are really so insignificant it’s not noticeable when you are driving normally.

People argue that K&N or other high-flow oiled filters do not do a good job filtering ultra-fine particles, which could do some damage in the long run, so I switched to a Wix filter.

If you want noticeable gains from an intake, you need a full cold air intake with a box around the filter. Something like the 27Won system. PRL Cobra intake is very popular as well because it makes cool wooshie noises when you shift.

Dont get a Blow off valve. Everybody says they can be harmful to this car. Something about how the waste gate is set up on this car.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Congratulations on the great purchase! People seem to like weathertech, husky, odero, or the OEM all-weather mats. Probably can't go wrong with any of them.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Congratulations!
Bought my Si at 65 years old.
Car was a match made in heaven for me. Just needed a few small mods. Short shifter, repositioned gas pedal, visor tint, and chrome delete.
Oh yeah,....I had to put the red badges on too!

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Congrats on the new car. I've not done any power mods to mine yet, did get a leather shift knob for it. I have the factory low side all weather mats and they are pretty good. I did order 3d Maxpider mats and they are coming in the mail today. They can be found here if you want to look. I got them on sale for about $120 (open box Amazon). All my mods can be found in my signature, they are hyperlinks in case you are interested in any.

OP
OP
RAF247

RAF247

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I used a drop in K&N filter for awhile, which supposedly adds a couple HP due to higher air flow. The gains are really so insignificant it’s not noticeable when you are driving normally.

People argue that K&N or other high-flow oiled filters do not do a good job filtering ultra-fine particles, which could do some damage in the long run, so I switched to a Wix filter.

If you want noticeable gains from an intake, you need a full cold air intake with a box around the filter. Something like the 27Won system. PRL Cobra intake is very popular as well because it makes cool wooshie noises when you shift.

Dont get a Blow off valve. Everybody says they can be harmful to this car. Something about how the waste gate is set up on this car.
Question about the intake, will that void the factory warranty?

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Congratulations on your new Si. I did the AEM Drop In Airfilter. I was only looking for minor power upgrade, so performance mods are the drop in airfilter and Cat-Back exhaust.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Question about the intake, will that void the factory warranty?
K&N Guarantees that it will not void the factory warranty. They've even taken a couple of manufacturers to court over it.

Turboblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Blue, 15 Sedona (Shuttle Atlantis)
Country flag
Just got Husky Weatherbeaters the other day for my new 2020 the trunk mat showed up but I’m at work all night tonight so I can’t get it till tomorrow. All together it was 200 ish for front/rear/ and trunk mat. Almost 100 bucks cheaper than Weathertech.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Owner FDE7813D-72B9-4BCA-B0B5-B4DAB6992BDA

Honda Civic 10th gen New Owner 24DEF875-6787-436E-BC91-728DBC500325

Honda Civic 10th gen New Owner C0FD26A2-3277-4174-86B5-1497D9983B85

likewater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just came here hoping to learn all about Honda. I'm a new owner, just bought a 2020 Honda Si Sedan, at 55 years old I finally bought a car that is fun to drive! Two days with it and I absolutely love it. This is my first Honda.

I'm not going to do crazy modifications, but I did read somewhere just changing the air filter helps. Any advice on little things to improve the car would be appreciated.

Also, any recommendations on all weather floor mats?

Thanks in advance!
Congrats on the ride. 53 here, and I have a 2020 Sedan - my first ever Si and I love it. I've had the car for just 2 months and right off the lot I've really enjoyed it. However, I felt it needed just a bit more so I recently flashed it with the TSP Stage 1 tune. Totally transformed the car and I highly recommend it.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Congrats on the ride. 53 here, and I have a 2020 Sedan - my first ever Si and I love it. I've had the car for just 2 months and right off the lot I've really enjoyed it. However, I felt it needed just a bit more so I recently flashed it with the TSP Stage 1 tune. Totally transformed the car and I highly recommend it.
Yes TSP Stage 1 completely woke the car up and I couldn't agree more.
Sponsored