New HardRace Front Lower Camber Adjusters

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I actually had these installed a ways back in the OEM setting. Is it very difficult to adjust these? Do I have to have someone completely re-separate the ball joints again?
Sponsored

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Code Monkey and sunnyB, which position did you use for the shims?

Davemarco, excess toe is the much bigger cause of tire wear than excess camber

sunnyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Code Monkey and sunnyB, which position did you use for the shims?

Davemarco, excess toe is the much bigger cause of tire wear than excess camber
Position 2.
Then mechanic removed the guide pins and pushed back 0.3 deg positive for -3 deg. Removing the guide pins has 0.3 +/- deg of play

Code Monkey

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The ball joints are in the most extreme position. The strut tower pins are pulled as well.
The passenger side maxed out at -3.9 camber but the driver side was maxed out at -3.5 so we did -3.5 both sides.
Steering and driveability are great but I am used to running lots of negative camber on my cars.
The wheels are Enkei TS-V 18x9.5 with Falken Azenis 265/35.

First Name
mantap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic turbo hatchback (asian version of LX)
Country flag
I have 2018 civic hatchback stock (rims, shock, etc) i have a little problem with the alignment i already did a couple alignment but my car is always going to left, the steering wheel cannot be centered too, then the mechanic that do alignment realize that my chamber is actually in not so good position (maybe factory defect), but he say we can you camber front kit, i wonder is this possible to use this one in my car without any problem? Thanks before

Ludacrish05

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have 2018 civic hatchback stock (rims, shock, etc) i have a little problem with the alignment i already did a couple alignment but my car is always going to left, the steering wheel cannot be centered too, then the mechanic that do alignment realize that my chamber is actually in not so good position (maybe factory defect), but he say we can you camber front kit, i wonder is this possible to use this one in my car without any problem? Thanks before
If you’re looking to camber more, yes. You can just do the A position and get the camber but if you need more, just do B

First Name
mantap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic turbo hatchback (asian version of LX)
Country flag
If you’re looking to camber more, yes. You can just do the A position and get the camber but if you need more, just do B
Thanks For the answer but actually quite confused about the A or B position can you explain it,

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
Thanks For the answer but actually quite confused about the A or B position can you explain it,
I posted this pic on page 7. It explains the A, B, C positioning.

Honda Civic 10th gen New HardRace Front Lower Camber Adjusters 5CfBuwAl

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a bolt in the LCA that helps retain the lower part of the ball joint. I believe it is a Torx type.

For those of you who have installed the Hardrace ball joints, what is the size of the Torx bolt and what sort of torque does it require.?

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
T50, 61 lb-ft, use new bolt.
Thanks for the info. Is there usually an issue getting the stock one out i.e do you need some sort of spreader? Good info on needing a new bolt. Not sure that is in the instructions.

Code Monkey

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not fucking with it, I had a shop install mine. You do have to take off the axle nut, otherwise you will stretch the axle and will most likely need to source a new one.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not fucking with it, I had a shop install mine. You do have to take off the axle nut, otherwise you will stretch the axle and will most likely need to source a new one.
Have to admit, looking at it myself and not doing it yet, I would have thought that when supporting the axle etc. there would be no need to remove the axle nut. Has anyone else had to do this?

Can't you lever the LCA down enough to get the stock ball joint out and the new one in? Maybe have to disconnect the sway bar?

Code Monkey

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I do not think this will work but have no problem being proven wrong. :)
Sponsored