New HardRace Front Lower Camber Adjusters

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
one more thing as reminder, if you install the headrace low ball joint kit, please make sure you got or near an alignment shop. I install in my friend's shop and it came out to have a huge toe out. I have to drive with the tire screaming sound over 10 miles to a track alignment shop.
Sponsored

Ludacrish05

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
one more thing as reminder, if you install the headrace low ball joint kit, please make sure you got or near an alignment shop. I install in my friend's shop and it came out to have a huge toe out. I have to drive with the tire screaming sound over 10 miles to a track alignment shop.
Good call man because I just installed setting C today and the toe is crazyyyyyyy off so I’m going to Jack the car up and just eye it to a decent toe and drive to the shop.

I’m curious to know how much setting C with swifts are but I’m flush on a +22 offset wheel.

Honda Civic 10th gen New HardRace Front Lower Camber Adjusters 5D26C0A7-DBA7-403E-A644-57241C5C9436

Honda Civic 10th gen New HardRace Front Lower Camber Adjusters 2DA14B90-D751-43DE-AD94-B928F0B067F2

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Yep, the toe out is insane, it’s like 10 mm and the car becomes almost undriveable w/o aligning it, to the point I thought that something was loose in the suspesion or drivetrain.

So for anyone installing these themselves, you also absolutely must adjust the toe „by eye” to bring it close to 0 before driving to an alignment shop.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
Following.

Would you guys recommend these ball joint adjustments over top hats and getting coilovers?

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Following.

Would you guys recommend these ball joint adjustments over top hats and getting coilovers?
Well that really depends if you want/need to run coilovers or not. For the stock strut the balljoints are the way to go IMO.

However adjusting camber at the top is generally better because it leaves the rest of the suspension geometry mostly unaltered. Plus some tophats will allow to adjust caster as well.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Given that the new ball joints are pushed outwards and the tie rods are behind the steering axis, it makes sense that the car will toe out big time when installing the ball joints. For other cars that I have had to make guestimates on, I have found one full turn on a tie rod results in about 1/4 inch change in toe or about 6 mm. Any idea if this is about the change needed in the tie rods before getting a real alignment i.e. one full turn of lengthening the tie rods on each side?

Ludacrish05

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Following.

This is good enough without a top hat endless you’re trying to go -5 degrees then you’d need a combo of those top hat and HardRace

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
Given that the new ball joints are pushed outwards and the tie rods are behind the steering axis, it makes sense that the car will toe out big time when installing the ball joints. For other cars that I have had to make guestimates on, I have found one full turn on a tie rod results in about 1/4 inch change in toe or about 6 mm. Any idea if this is about the change needed in the tie rods before getting a real alignment i.e. one full turn of lengthening the tie rods on each side?
JUST EYE ALIGN IT, no need to be super accurate since you will need to do the actual alignment at an alignment shop. All you want is to make sure you can still drive to alignment after the install.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
JUST EYE ALIGN IT, no need to be super accurate since you will need to do the actual alignment at an alignment shop. All you want is to make sure you can still drive to alignment after the install.
Don't think I could eyeball 1/2" of toe out and not happy about driving to the closest good shop near me for alignment with that much toe out, especially at highway speeds.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
How has the increase in camber changed your steering feel? I'd imagine that the smaller contact patch would be the steering feel lighter rather than heavier, but I'm curious if that's the case.

sunnyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
How has the increase in camber changed your steering feel? I'd imagine that the smaller contact patch would be the steering feel lighter rather than heavier, but I'm curious if that's the case.
I have -3 deg. Steering feel is not noticeably different for daily driving.

For track driving, you will most def feel a significant feel in cornerning.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I have -3 deg. Steering feel is not noticeably different for daily driving.

For track driving, you will most def feel a significant feel in cornerning.
Has your inner tire wear increased substantially?
Sponsored