hkdm808

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2014 Civic EX
Country flag
anyone know who make adjustable camber plates for front stock suspension?
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
There is not enough room to gain any significant camber with the stock struts due to the lower spring perch interfering with the chassis
So the only way to achieve a decent amount of camber would be through coilovers?

iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018, Audi TT-RS 2010 400hp, Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 400hp
Country flag
I haven't had time to jack up my car and check, but is it maybe possible to change springs to some narrow style springs (maybe with help springs) so you could get some more camber still using stock shocks (which are probably better than most coilovers anyways). Maybe with some custom mounts or hardware? If there is nothing available I could maybe make drawings for something to make it work.

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't had time to jack up my car and check, but is it maybe possible to change springs to some narrow style springs (maybe with help springs) so you could get some more camber still using stock shocks (which are probably better than most coilovers anyways). Maybe with some custom mounts or hardware? If there is nothing available I could maybe make drawings for something to make it work.
The only way that changing springs on stock dampers is to go to a Ground Control or AMR coilover sleeve and camber plate and also cut the stock lower spring perch on the stock shock. The perch hits the chassis if much camber is added, that is the main issue. Not long after we got our car, AMR made us some custom sleeves and camber plates for the stock dampers so we could test some spring rate changes, we then cut the stock lower perches on the dampers to get more camber, but doing this will no longer allow a stock or stock replacement spring to work.

Honda Civic 10th gen Camber plates 0114181727

OP
OP
hkdm808

hkdm808

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2014 Civic EX
Country flag
The only way that changing springs on stock dampers is to go to a Ground Control or AMR coilover sleeve and camber plate and also cut the stock lower spring perch on the stock shock. The perch hits the chassis if much camber is added, that is the main issue. Not long after we got our car, AMR made us some custom sleeves and camber plates for the stock dampers so we could test some spring rate changes, we then cut the stock lower perches on the dampers to get more camber, but doing this will no longer allow a stock or stock replacement spring to work.

0114181727.jpg
What is the max camber before cutting the stock lower spring perch?

RYU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, NSX
Country flag
i dont remember, but it was not much, this was over a year ago
What's roughly the max camber after cutting the lower spring perch?

Personally I'd be ok with the cutting option.
Sponsored