Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
It's basic physics.
SRI < CAI
CAI < SRI + intercooler or CAI + intercooler
SRI + intercooler < CAI + intercooler
I guess my next purchase will be that of a Intercooler, I mean we don't get really bad heat days in Jersey we also get the cold days so I won't be getting to much heat soak I don't think

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's basic physics.
SRI < CAI
CAI < SRI + intercooler or CAI + intercooler
SRI + intercooler < CAI + intercooler
CAI on a turbo car is no where near as noticeable compared to an NA car. That “cold” air gets heated back up by a hot turbo and through compressing the air. It might have a small effect but from my own personal experience, I felt zero difference from my sri and when it was cai.

Reactions: Myx

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CAI on a turbo car is no where near as noticeable compared to an NA car. That “cold” air gets heated back up by a hot turbo and through compressing the air. It might have a small effect but from my own personal experience, I felt zero difference from my sri and when it was cai.
Since this is an Si thread, I was focused on the turbo in the Si and not a comparison of NA vs Turbo as it relates to CAI vs. SRI.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
From my experience the short ram only heat soaks when sitting at idle or when you are really pushing the car(ie on a track). I still have a stock intercooler and my IAT 1s sit at 5-10 degrees Celsius over ambient while just street driving and IAT2s are 5-10 higher than my IAT 1s going to the engine. It isn't until I really push it hard on a track it starts to build up a lot of heat. But most of that is from after the intercooler which can be solved by upgrading it. However i have the PRL intake and the MAP intake being made of metal will absorb heat more and faster than silicon will. And it will also take longer to dissipate so that one may get heat soaked. One thing you can do is ceramic coat it to help with keeping heat out but it won't completely solve the issue.

OP
OP
CivicSiNJ

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
From my experience the short ram only heat soaks when sitting at idle or when you are really pushing the car(ie on a track). I still have a stock intercooler and my IAT 1s sit at 5-10 degrees Celsius over ambient while just street driving and IAT2s are 5-10 higher than my IAT 1s going to the engine. It isn't until I really push it hard on a track it starts to build up a lot of heat. But most of that is from after the intercooler which can be solved by upgrading it. However i have the PRL intake and the MAP intake being made of metal will absorb heat more and faster than silicon will. And it will also take longer to dissipate so that one may get heat soaked. One thing you can do is ceramic coat it to help with keeping heat out but it won't completely solve the issue.
Yeah honestly i was buying it for the noises to hear the “SWOOSH” sound i don’t really be WOT a lot. My car is pretty low anyways so i have to drive slow and like a normal person. I will probably just stay with this intake for now and soon buy a CAI later down the road

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Yeah honestly i was buying it for the noises to hear the “SWOOSH” sound i don’t really be WOT a lot. My car is pretty low anyways so i have to drive slow and like a normal person. I will probably just stay with this intake for now and soon buy a CAI later down the road
If you're just after the sound, why don't you just install an HKS BOV?

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you're just after the sound, why don't you just install an HKS BOV?
Because you shouldn't use a bov on a car that uses recirculation valves.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since this is an Si thread, I was focused on the turbo in the Si and not a comparison of NA vs Turbo as it relates to CAI vs. SRI.
I was saying a cold air intake is much more effective on a NA car. Since our cars are turbo, cai is no where near as effective. Sorry I had to spell that out for you. Figured you would have understood that..

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I was saying a cold air intake is much more effective on a NA car. Since our cars are turbo, cai is no where near as effective. Sorry I had to spell that out for you. Figured you would have understood that..
CAIs are hardly effective on na cars in comparison. Both NA and Turbo without a tune a cai on a turbo will likely produce better gains than NA. And when tuned NA cant really get much improvement while a turbo car can crank the boost and see huge gains

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CAIs are hardly effective on na cars in comparison. Both NA and Turbo without a tune a cai on a turbo will likely produce better gains than NA. And when tuned NA cant really get much improvement while a turbo car can crank the boost and see huge gains
Cooler air temps on a turbo car is the intercoolers job. On an NA car, it would make more of a difference. Either way, a tune for either would be the best.!

OP
OP
CivicSiNJ

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Cooler air temps on a turbo car is the intercoolers job. On an NA car, it would make more of a difference. Either way, a tune for either would be the best.!
You got an intercooler ? Not sure if you said you did or didn't. Which one would you recommend.
Sponsored