Juniorrr

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Hello everyone, just had a quick question. I recently got a PRL short ram primarily to hear the turbo which sounds amazing btw but I’ve seen a lot of ppl talk about heat soak with these short rams. I currently live in SoCal and it is kinda hot here at the moment. I only use this car to daily drive and shift at like 3-4K rpm only(I have another car in which I have fun in). Maybe every now and than I’ll do a tiny pull but nothing crazy. I was just wondering would the heat soak affect me at the RPM range in which I’m driving the car or what else does heat soak do to affect the car? And also is there a way to fix it on the PRL short ram?
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Every increase in IAT will theoretically rob you of a bit of power according to the tuning logic. Also worth remembering that this is before air passes through the turbo, which will heat things up way more than ambient/heat soaked air in the first place. More time you spend in boost, the more that becomes evident.

As far as tame daily driving, I doubt you'd notice a significant loss in power. But, the cooler everything runs, the better in my book.

Also, no real way to fix it except converting it to a cold air. And then, see my first point about the turbo.